Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USC.....investigated again...

Featured Replies

USC is dirty. They have been dirty for years now. The NCAA will once again look the other way.

This is gonna cost Bush sideline passes again.

Can't we all agree that probably all of the top programs are what some would call "dirty"?

 

To me, under the current system as long as no money or favors or gifts are exchanged I have very little problem with anything else.

Can't we all agree that probably all of the top programs are what some would call "dirty"?

I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.

I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.
No doubt about it.
I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.

Agreed.

I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.
I guess I'm an idealist....:D , because that is a fairly large blanket assumption.

 

Are there many NCAA Rules, for compliance, regulations, can/can'ts...Yes and rules infractions, is not the same thing as cheating. Intentional is one thing but often times, rules occur which are not cheating.

 

I understand your contention.

I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.

Bend the rules? without a doubt. But USC has had a ton of smoke in the past few years to get away without any sanctions.

On the Virginia message board when talking about what football recruits they got, many people were upset that they didn't get a real top flight class. It was pointed out that the university will not bend or break its rules, just to get a shot at a BCS title.

 

It's no surprise that Virginia hasn't really challenged nationally in any of the major sports. Basketball, Football. They have pretty high academic standards and lose players because of that and since they will likely rarely if ever bend their rules, they will just get what they can get.

 

I'm sure there are schools that have won and done it the right way. I would rather Virginia be 8-4 and go to a decent bowl as opposed to cheating just to get a shot at a big money bowl game. Really not worth it in the long run.

I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.

Read the thread about how AAU coaches have set up IRS-approved "charitable foundations" to receive contributions form boosters or what-have-you in exchange for selling their players. The coaches get the money out by drawing a "salary" as the head of the foundation/charity.

 

As an aside, what is the rationale for athletic scholarships anyway? Why not just do away with them (not that would eliminate cheating but it might help)? If you are going to give scholarships, doesn't it make more sense to give them for academic reasons? Let the pro leagues pay for and develop their own superior athletes. What is wrong with having all college athletics operate similar to NCAA Divison III -- no athletic scholarships? College fans would still support their respective teams and the kids would still enjoy playing.

I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.

Read the thread about how AAU coaches have set up IRS-approved "charitable foundations" to receive contributions form boosters or what-have-you in exchange for selling their players. The coaches get the money out by drawing a "salary" as the head of the foundation/charity.

 

As an aside, what is the rationale for athletic scholarships anyway? Why not just do away with them (not that that would eliminate cheating but it might help)? If you are going to give scholarships, doesn't it make more sense to give them for academic reasons? Let the pro leagues pay for and develop their own superior athletes. What is wrong with having all college athletics operate similar to NCAA Divison III -- no athletic scholarships? College fans would still support their respective teams and the kids would still enjoy playing.

On the Virginia message board when talking about what football recruits they got, many people were upset that they didn't get a real top flight class. It was pointed out that the university will not bend or break its rules, just to get a shot at a BCS title.

 

It's no surprise that Virginia hasn't really challenged nationally in any of the major sports. Basketball, Football. They have pretty high academic standards and lose players because of that and since they will likely rarely if ever bend their rules, they will just get what they can get.

 

I'm sure there are schools that have won and done it the right way. I would rather Virginia be 8-4 and go to a decent bowl as opposed to cheating just to get a shot at a big money bowl game. Really not worth it in the long run.

Virginia's dirty too. I guarantee you. In fact they've had sanctions as recently as 1999.
I'm sure some idealists will berate me, but all major D-I programs cheat. It's just a matter of degree and subtlety.

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.