Rose Hill 59 Fairview 31

Great job-I'm sure that this has enlightened many in the area.However I have never witnessed an assist given to anyone other than the last to pass the ball to the scorer.

I was going to say the same thing.

Which is to say what, that it does not occur? Hey, I didn't write the Manual; I just quoted it.;)

One quick example that comes to mind is a when a player gets a defensive board, makes a quick outlet pass to the other end of the floor and the recipient of the pass hands off or makes a routine pass to another player for a layup. The assist could and probably should be awarded to the player that made the first pass. This would obviously change if there was a defender contesting on the other end of the floor.

Which is to say what, that it does not occur? Hey, I didn't write the Manual; I just quoted it.;)

One quick example that comes to mind is a when a player gets a defensive board, makes a quick outlet pass to the other end of the floor and the recipient of the pass hands off or makes a routine pass to another player for a layup. The assist could and probably should be awarded to the player that made the first pass. This would obviously change if there was a defender contesting on the other end of the floor.

Ever wonder how Steve Nash gets credited with so many assists

Every time I see Emely play I am more and more impressed with her. I think she needs sixty some points to become the highest scoring player in the history of the 16th region. She could have gotten most if not all of them last night, but instead she was focussed on making last night Laura's. Several times she passed up open shots and worked the offense getting Laura the ball. Her parents should be proud.

Great show of class from Pam getting the younger players in the game. Last night Rose Hill was a team.

The excellence of a player is not soley defined by the ability to score. What stands out to me is a player who gives everything that they've got from end line to end line for the entire time they are in the game.

I try to instill this into my two young ballplayers at every opportunity.