Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Covington Holy Cross

Featured Replies

Will he be ruled eligible? There is no bonafide change of address. Precedent could be the Wesley Collins kid was ruled ineligible to play at Holmes because he still lived in Covington when he went to CovCath.

 

You raise a good question. I wonder if the fact that his previous school was in Ohio will negate the transfer rule. He has never played a varsity sport in KY, correct? My guess is he plays for that reason.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You raise a good question. I wonder if the fact that his previous school was in Ohio will negate the transfer rule. He has never played a varsity sport in KY, correct? My guess is he plays for that reason.

 

Or the fact that he played for his father at that school may be what differentiates the two.

You raise a good question. I wonder if the fact that his previous school was in Ohio will negate the transfer rule. He has never played a varsity sport in KY, correct? My guess is he plays for that reason.

 

I checked the bylaws. Playing in OH is the same as playing in KY as far as the KHSAA is concerned. Its not a way around the transfer rule.

 

Should be interesting.

Does the KHSAA make concessions when a coach/dad moves and has a kid that's played under him? Is there a difference if the coach/dad leaves school A to goes to school B? How about if he just leaves school A and doesn't coach anywhere?

 

Interesting in deed...

Before you condemn HC realize that , if I'm not mistaken, the kid lives in Taylor Mill. He played for his dad at New Richmond and I believe his dad is no longer coaching.

 

So, they're getting a player from WITHIN their own district.

 

 

They both also played and coached with the NKYFL Raiders . I think getting to see your son play and having your father be a part of it had alot to do with him playing at NR !:thumb: I know Cody had alot of good friends at HC , so he would have played there anyway .

I think with a little bit of work with the defense this year,they should win quite a few games. But when you look at there web page, they chose a pretty tough non district schedule. Looking forward to a successful Indian season.

 

Defensively HC might have a few issues. Offensively they will put some pts. on the board throwing the ball. If the QB coming in gets the OK to transfer.... they will be throwing the ball alot. He has a well above avg. arm. They have a few kids that can go get the ball. Sullivan at TE, Moore, Walker, Cooper out of the back field, and West and Ronker at WR. IMO this could be a better team offensively then last yrs.

Defensively HC might have a few issues. Offensively they will put some pts. on the board throwing the ball. If the QB coming in gets the OK to transfer.... they will be throwing the ball alot. He has a well above avg. arm. They have a few kids that can go get the ball. Sullivan at TE, Moore, Walker, Cooper out of the back field, and West and Ronker at WR. IMO this could be a better team offensively then last yrs.

 

I would disagree with the last line. They lost most, if not all, of a very good o-line. They also lost the older Sullivan boy who was a playmaker at WR.

I would disagree with the last line. They lost most, if not all, of a very good o-line. They also lost the older Sullivan boy who was a playmaker at WR.

 

Need I emphize COULD be better. Yes I do agree that the incoming class has some big shoes to fill with replacing the Senior O-line. But they have some talented linemen in Vogelpohl, Oldiges, Meier, Bernie Bripshover, Sullivan. So....the talent is there. Can HC utilize the players sufficiently?

Before you condemn HC realize that , if I'm not mistaken, the kid lives in Taylor Mill. He played for his dad at New Richmond and I believe his dad is no longer coaching.

 

So, they're getting a player from WITHIN their own district.

 

Well thats why I said I didn't really know anything about this kid. So I have no problem then with Holy Cross having this kid, because well he did grow up in that area, and it would be legit for him to play there! Now just hopefully he is allowed to play this year! :thumb:

Whoa, just noticed the final game is against Knox Central. How did they go about getting a school from rural southeast Ky. to sign up for that trip? Sure hope it's the beginning of a home and home series.:thumb:

Just curious has anybody seen any Holy Cross 7 on 7 and if so did Cody participate and how did he look.

Just curious has anybody seen any Holy Cross 7 on 7 and if so did Cody participate and how did he look.

The Indians looked really good against Holmes, Simon Kenton,and Beechwood. There Passing game is good even without Cody. He has going to a lot of College Camps so he will not participate, and there defensive coverage is awesome. Some of the sophomores look very good.

I read that Coach Reardon has joined the HC staff. The article also said that HC has sent the transfer papers into the KHSAA for a ruling on Cody.

Heard from a very reliable family member that Cody will be playing for the Indians this year.

Does the KHSAA make concessions when a coach/dad moves and has a kid that's played under him? Is there a difference if the coach/dad leaves school A to goes to school B? How about if he just leaves school A and doesn't coach anywhere?

 

Interesting in deed...

 

 

No concessions that I am aware of.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.