Reds' sign Harang to 4 year deal

nees1212

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal, including the fifth-year buyout, is worth $36.5 million...
I knew $$$$ could be spent, on Starting Pitching. If the REDS have any playoff thoughts, this Harang deal had to get done.

Time to focus, on additional needs and Spring Training, is just around the corner. A lot of decisions, tough at that for Krivsky and Reds Management.

I agree, best move made in the postseason next to getting rid of Larue. Now they can surround Harang with a series of pitchers who are over the hill, have an ERA above the national debt and they will be well on their way to a SOLID 70 win season. : )

This is a REds thread, not for optimistic posts about the Cubs season.:D

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Sweet...

Thats the way uh huh uh huh I Like It !!! Uh Huh Uh Huh !!! :ylsuper:

Great news for Reds fans everywhere. This was a must for the Reds to compete for playoff contention. One more pitcher would be nice, but I personally think Saarloos could be another under-the-radar find from Krivsky that turns out to be great. His pitching style fits GABP perfectly, and I think he is capable of being the three behind Bronson and Harang. GO REDS!

4 years, 36.119 million dollars

2007 4.25 mill

2008 6.75 mill

2009 11.0 mill

2010 12.5 mill

2011 12.75 mill (club option). 13-mill if he throws 210+ innings in 2010. 2 mill buyout.

If traded...option becomes mutual and becomes 14-mill with a 2.5 mill buyout

Bonuses

All Star game $25,000

Cy Young $100,000

2nd place Cy Young $75,000

3rd place Cy Young $50,000

World Series MVP $100,000

LCS MVP $50,000