Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Micah Parsons Requests Trade

Featured Replies

35 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Yes and no. From the business side, these teams drag these deals out as long as they can since players are one bad step away from ending their careers. And also from the team's perspective, they sign him a year ago, the market has already been reset, making Parsons underpaid, then he is that much closer to wanting to re-negotiate again.

Not saying you are wrong, btw. But I get why it happens like it does.

For sure. Pros and cons to any way of doing it. 

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • REALSPORT
    REALSPORT

    These guys want security and sign these 3 and 4 year deals, and then are upset when the market surpasses their contract and they are underpaid.  It's tough for them to have it both ways.  

  • Agreed. No shot Parsons should be making $10 million less than either of those guys. He's equally as productive, plus some. 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, bugatti said:

Yes and no. From the business side, these teams drag these deals out as long as they can since players are one bad step away from ending their careers. And also from the team's perspective, they sign him a year ago, the market has already been reset, making Parsons underpaid, then he is that much closer to wanting to re-negotiate again.

Not saying you are wrong, btw. But I get why it happens like it does.

How much money did it cost the Bengals by waiting a year to sign Chase?  $10m-15m a year?

I see both sides of it.  You're just getting to the renegotiating another deal sooner.   But sometimes teams need to be proactive.  See KC & the Mahomes deal.

I try to stay away from all this off-season hub-bub but I got up early this morning and I feel like that is all multiple broadcasts were chatting about.  I wish all players could play on a two year guaranteed contract with no adjustments, period.

What is Parsons making, what is he asking for, and what does he deserve?  

53 minutes ago, theguru said:

I try to stay away from all this off-season hub-bub but I got up early this morning and I feel like that is all multiple broadcasts were chatting about.  I wish all players could play on a two year guaranteed contract with no adjustments, period.

What is Parsons making, what is he asking for, and what does he deserve?  

Parsons is set to make $24 million (club option) this season on the fifth-year option of his rookie deal 

Asking for $40 million plus.


Deserves, $30-35 million

 

1 hour ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Parsons is set to make $24 million (club option) this season on the fifth-year option of his rookie deal 

Asking for $40 million plus.


Deserves, $30-35 million

 

I’m curious where you get he only deserves 30-35 million compared to some of the dline contracts that has happened this off season.  Watt just got over 40 million, and probably more on the downside of his career moving forward. While Parsons has only been in the league 4 years and has had at least 12 sacks each year, a two time all Pro and a pro bowler each year. With Parsons being younger than both Garrett and Watt, but yet they make over 40 million a year. Then I’m now sure how Parsons wouldn’t deserve 40 million a year and is right to ask for it. 

12 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I’m curious where you get he only deserves 30-35 million compared to some of the dline contracts that has happened this off season.  Watt just got over 40 million, and probably more on the downside of his career moving forward. While Parsons has only been in the league 4 years and has had at least 12 sacks each year, a two time all Pro and a pro bowler each year. With Parsons being younger than both Garrett and Watt, but yet they make over 40 million a year. Then I’m now sure how Parsons wouldn’t deserve 40 million a year and is right to ask for it. 

Agreed. No shot Parsons should be making $10 million less than either of those guys. He's equally as productive, plus some. 

22 hours ago, bugatti said:

In fairness, Parsons is on his rookie deal.

Good point.  I had Hendrickson on my brain.

21 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I’m curious where you get he only deserves 30-35 million compared to some of the dline contracts that has happened this off season.  Watt just got over 40 million, and probably more on the downside of his career moving forward. While Parsons has only been in the league 4 years and has had at least 12 sacks each year, a two time all Pro and a pro bowler each year. With Parsons being younger than both Garrett and Watt, but yet they make over 40 million a year. Then I’m now sure how Parsons wouldn’t deserve 40 million a year and is right to ask for it. 

Just my opinion is all.  I feel like he's not on that level yet of those others you mentioned. 
Can he be?  Sure.  Is he?  I don't think so right now.

I'm also in the camp that Trey Hendrickson isn't worth what he's asking.  I'd put him in the same area $30-35 mpy.  But his drop off is coming & I don't think it'll be a gradual drop off.

12 hours ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Just my opinion is all.  I feel like he's not on that level yet of those others you mentioned. 
Can he be?  Sure.  Is he?  I don't think so right now.

I'm also in the camp that Trey Hendrickson isn't worth what he's asking.  I'd put him in the same area $30-35 mpy.  But his drop off is coming & I don't think it'll be a gradual drop off.

I agree with you on Hendrickson cause of his age. However, disagree on Parsons. Parsons is younger by a few years of the guys like Watr who got 40 million. He has been a first team all pro twice, and has had at least 12 sacks every year. When teams play Dallas they literally have to game plan specifically to slow him down. IMO with his young age and production he definitely deserves to be paid in the 40 million range. 

Last week, momentum started building that Parsons probably wouldn’t be on the Cowboys’ roster come opening day. I still thought a last-minute deal would get done, but it looks like the bridge was burned beyond repair. Trades like this are incredibly rare, which is why I assumed he’d stay in Dallas. I’m stunned at how this played out.

Love the move for GB.  Wow!

  • Author

Micah 1, Jerry 0. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.