Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Val Kilmer has passed

Featured Replies

It's being reported that actor Val Kilmer has passed away. Hated to see how much his body had turned on him over the last few years. RIP.

 

Iceman

Doc

  • Author
7 minutes ago, ChunkT said:

Doc

 

7 hours ago, nkypete said:

Iceman

Tombstone will always be my #2 for Kilmer, with Top Gun being #1. I was also a big fan of what was essentially the tribute to Kilmer that they did in Top Gun Maverick. I'd say it brought to light for many, just how sick he'd become. 

The first role I remember Kilmer in that I would watch on repeat as a kid was Madmartigan in Willow. But yeah, hard to deny that Iceman and Doc Holliday are most synonymous with Kilmer. Loved him in Heat as well.

RIP.

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

 

Tombstone will always be my #2 for Kilmer, with Top Gun being #1. I was also a big fan of what was essentially the tribute to Kilmer that they did in Top Gun Maverick. I'd say it brought to light for many, just how sick he'd become. 

Opposite for me. Top Gun role was easy to play. Not much depth to that character. How he played Doc in Tombstone impressed me.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Opposite for me. Top Gun role was easy to play. Not much depth to that character. How he played Doc in Tombstone impressed me.

I wasn't even 2 when Top Gun came out. I was never very interested in the depth or range he played in that role. But the jets, motorcycles and girls were all great. 

I loved Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison.

jim.jpg

This one stings me more than most. His portrayal of Doc Holiday is one of my favorite characters ever. Such a great and diverse performer that leaves behind a great legacy. RIP, Val.

tumblr_c904b85433e394b5fad8996b001705ba_37ea3be5_400.gif.f946ed3ada2f46f6f8c1c9d370f71d12.gif

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Heat!

heatkilmer.jpg

One of the great heist/shootout sequences of all time. Great movie by a great filmmaker in Michael Mann. I'll have to make some time to watch Heat again soon.

I always liked him as an actor. My favorites of his were The Doors and Tombstone. Kilmer also played some good roles in other independent or lesser known movies too. He did get very sick over the later part of his life. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.