Bad news for UK fans on Patrick Patterson!

BigBlueFreak

:thumb: Honestly you will have alot of people here that will agree with you on this! Its just one or two people who really want to argue about this, and they will go on forever arguing about it...

Put some kind of box seats or something into the arena for the " older " fans and let the students who need and enjoy the game more down by the court where they can make a difference. The last home game I went to I saw one older gentleman 4 rows behind the bench asleep. No lie!!:fight:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Corey Maggette, or Elton Brand, or Grant Hill, or Shane Battier, or Mike Dunleavy, or Carlos Boozer

That's kind of low about Jason Williams, he made a stupid choice, but would've been a tremendous pro, and everyone knew that.

Lol Mike Dunleavy, what a joke!!! he is terrible

I honestly don't know what Tubby will do if he doesn't get him. There is no back up plan. The back up plan will be more Bobby Perry's/Sheray Thomas's/Woo's. The rest of the SEC or the "good teams" are stocking up on talent, we have to match them.
....:confused:

Is Patterson, that great of a player....that UK won't be able to compete, in '08 without him. Is he really going to have that type of impact, at UK or any other school?

....:confused:

Is Patterson, that great of a player....that UK won't be able to compete, in '08 without him. Is he really going to have that type of impact, at UK or any other school?

You gotta factor in what UK is probably losing. Morris. You tell me who is next in line to save us from the rest of the SEC we are barely hanging with now.

You gotta factor in what UK is probably losing. Morris. You tell me who is next in line to save us from the rest of the SEC we are barely hanging with now.
Is Patterson an SEC impact player....I don't think so, just my opinion.

Jasper, Meeks and crew will improve....no idea on Morris and although Patterson is an excellent HS player, he will not be an impact player at UK his Freshman year or any major conference. Not knocking his ability but very few, have that type of talent.

His running mate does but not Patterson. Offensively, he doesn't shoot well enough to score consistently against equal or better talent.

Jasper, Meeks and crew will improve....no idea on Morris and although Patterson is an excellent HS player, he will not be an impact player at UK his Freshman year or any major conference. Not knocking his ability but very few, have that type of talent.

His running mate does but not Patterson. Offensively, he doesn't shoot well enough to score consistently against equal or better talent.

I have heard Patterson compared to Melo. Its probably not true but Tubby needs him bad. I am telling you. Tubby knows it himself. If Morris leaves and we don't get him it is scary to think we might have a trifecta 3-10 loss season. This is one of the first recruits Tubby is actually recruiting. Tubby is in full control of his portfolio, he isn't leaving it to Hanson/Rigot.

I have heard Patterson compared to Melo. Its probably not true but Tubby needs him bad. I am telling you. Tubby knows it himself. If Morris leaves and we don't get him it is scary to think we might have a trifecta 3-10 loss season. This is one of the first recruits Tubby is actually recruiting. Tubby is in full control of his portfolio, he isn't leaving it to Hanson/Rigot.
I hope UK does get him but fans should not place unrealistic accolades on Patterson. The defense is getting much better each game, the intensity is becoming more consistent.

Inside post, Morris needs more touches. The perimeter shooting, is what concerns me and the lack of either the #3 or #4, to create their own shots and consistently knock them down....Can patterson help, certainly but if he does attend UK, he will be more of a puzzle piece as a Freshman....a very good puzzle piece, just not the entire puzzle.

:thumb:

He'll have every bit the impact that a Tyrus Thomas would.