Bad news for UK fans on Patrick Patterson!

BigBlueFreak

I know we need a good pf, but I saw PP play at Memorial Coliseum and other than being a nice physical specimen I wasn't that impressed with him. Clips I have seen on the Pettigrew kid not sure I wouldn't just as soon have him. Tubby's been kissing PP tale for about two years I think he's done all he can.

PP is exactly what UK needs. A relentless PF on the glass, who does a little of everything aroudn the basket and plays very hard.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your catching on!!!!! We never get these kinda kids anymore. If you are comparing Skywalker... wow.. some people on this board weren't alive when Skywalker was playing probably.

Oh and he's gonna have to be the franchise cause well... we don't have any other post guys.

Franchise as a Freshman....NO, could he be one in 4 years, if he stays...YES, with an athletic supporting cast.

I've always been disappointed, in the lack of athletics at the #3 and #4....Crawford reminds me of Hord, very good sometimes and others....I do agree, the type of athlete, size and quickness of Patterson, would be certainly welcome.

I just don't want everyone to expect him, to make them pre-season #1, then toss him out with the bathwater, when he can't do it by himself, as a Freshman.

Franchise as a Freshman....NO, could he be one in 4 years, if he stays...YES, with an athletic supporting cast.

I've always been disappointed, in the lack of athletics at the #3 and #4....Crawford reminds me of Hord, very good sometimes and others....I do agree, the type of athlete, size and quickness of Patterson, would be certainly welcome.

I just don't want everyone to expect him, to make them pre-season #1, then toss him out with the bathwater, when he can't do it by himself, as a Freshman.

You gotta watch more C-BBALL my man. These 18 year old kids are FREAK athletes now-a-days. There are several kids (freshman) who have been the focal point of their teams.. look at Durant.

However, you bring me to my next point. We shouldn't be relying on a freshman anyways. Just too many holes in our recruiting forces us too.

That's the big problem, to me. I'm not from the 'sky is falling' school, but if Morris does indeed jump and UK fails to sign Patterson, what's the future for UK inside?

Well................

I don't know... thats the problem!

You gotta watch more C-BBALL my man. These 18 year old kids are FREAK athletes now-a-days. There are several kids (freshman) who have been the focal point of their teams.. look at Durant.

However, you bring me to my next point. We shouldn't be relying on a freshman anyways. Just too many holes in our recruiting forces us too.

We won't have to rely on freshman next year.

I see my share and even help promote some of these Seniors, as would be Freshman....Patterson is an exceptional athlete, talent and would be a good addition, to any program but not the impact style, from a scoring standpoint that some have alluded to.

We won't have to rely on freshman next year.
Probably not, without Patterson. ;)

Seriously, though, can UK compete in the SEC with a starting front court of Carter, Stevenson and Crawford? I know UK fans are excited about Stevenson's upside, but that's not a line that will strike fear into any heart for any reason.

Probably not, without Patterson. ;)

Seriously, though, can UK compete in the SEC with a starting front court of Carter, Stevenson and Crawford? I know UK fans are excited about Stevenson's upside, but that's not a line that will strike fear into any heart for any reason.

Who in the world fed you all this UK knowledge all of a sudden.. I mean really, your impressing me tonight.. kinda scary! :eek:

I see my share and even help promote some of these Seniors, as would be Freshman....Patterson is an exceptional athlete, talent and would be a good addition, to any program but not the impact style, from a scoring standpoint that some have alluded to.
Look at UK's returning post players, working on the assumption that Morris jumps. With Patterson, the whole team is better, as Stevenson slides to the 3 to back up Crawford, and UK has a glass guy inside. Jasper, Bradley and Crawford at guards. The other two current frosh are more than adequate backcourt subs. It's a good deal, in my opinion. The only concern is depth in the post.

Not as sweet if Patterson isn't in the picture.

Look at UK's returning post players, working on the assumption that Morris jumps. With Patterson, the whole team is better, as Stevenson slides to the 3 to back up Crawford, and UK has a glass guy inside. Jasper and Crawford at guards backed up by Meeks and Bradley. It's a good deal, in my opinion.

My entire contention on Patterson, is he's NOT the impact player, that some hope/say....I'm not saying, he can't play at UK, because I think he certainly can.

I've seen him several times, clips and footage....but regardless of if Morris leaves, UK will still need a true post player and Patterson, is a #4 or #3 to me.

Look at UK's returning post players, working on the assumption that Morris jumps. With Patterson, the whole team is better, as Stevenson slides to the 3 to back up Crawford, and UK has a glass guy inside. Jasper, Bradley and Crawford at guards. The other two current frosh are more than adequate backcourt subs. It's a good deal, in my opinion. The only concern is depth in the post.

I think you have to assume that Morris will be back, especially with the way he is playing right now. Tubby told Moses that he only had 2 scholarships available, even though he's been saying 3 all along. That makes me believe Tubby and Morris have some sort of agreement already about next season.

My entire contention on Patterson, is he's NOT the impact player, that some hope/say....I'm not saying, he can't play at UK, because I think he certainly can.

I've seen him several times, clips and footage....but regardless of if Morris leaves, UK will still need a true post player and Patterson, is a #4 or #3 to me.

In the college game, he's a solid 4. And that makes a world of difference for UK next year, without him Stevenson is a starter at PF (without a backup) before he's ready for that role.