Bad news for UK fans on Patrick Patterson!

BigBlueFreak

No team is consistently bringing in Melo type players... They're a rare breed.

Having seen Patterson play a great deal of times, he's a fine player... But as I've said many times, he's not the savior. I don't see UK being much better with him as they would be without him.

If they get him, great... You win the recruiting battle... I just see people being a little disappointed when he isn't as good as advertised.

If I'm wrong, and he's amazing... I'll be here for my crow... i've never shied away.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No team is consistently bringing in Melo type players... They're a rare breed.

Having seen Patterson play a great deal of times, he's a fine player... But as I've said many times, he's not the savior. I don't see UK being much better with him as they would be without him.

If they get him, great... You win the recruiting battle... I just see people being a little disappointed when he isn't as good as advertised.

If I'm wrong, and he's amazing... I'll be here for my crow... i've never shied away.

Gee wizz now Tubby has brainwashed you to enjoy watching Sheray Thomas/Woo play...... Someone get Glasko/Smith/Kline on the phone before this spreads! :laugh:

Gee wizz now Tubby has brainwashed you to enjoy watching Sheray Thomas/Woo play...... Someone get Glasko/Smith/Kline on the phone before this spreads! :laugh:

How you got that from what I said, I'll never know.

Again, if he's as good as advertised I'll be here.

How you got that from what I said, I'll never know.

Again, if he's as good as advertised I'll be here.

Strengths: Patterson is an exceptionally aggressive and athletic player in a man-child NBA body. His pogo-stick leaping ability allows him to be a creative finisher around the basket where he is almost automatic and can finish with either hand. He uses the glass well and is a very powerful dunker. Patterson has great hands that the ball seems to stick to. His brute strength allows him to bang down low with power forwards and be a menace on the boards. However, he is also very quick and should be able to defend the small forward in the NBA. He can pass very well, especially out of double teams, and is a team player with well-rounded statistics. He was measured with a 7’1” wingspan

When is the last time you ever heard that about a UK recruit?

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove to me, SA. What I see for myself will not be changed by what I read.

For a last time, if he's the best player in the history of basketball I'll be here to say I was wrong... I'm a stand up guy.

Strengths: Patterson is an exceptionally aggressive and athletic player in a man-child NBA body. His pogo-stick leaping ability allows him to be a creative finisher around the basket where he is almost automatic and can finish with either hand. He uses the glass well and is a very powerful dunker. Patterson has great hands that the ball seems to stick to. His brute strength allows him to bang down low with power forwards and be a menace on the boards. However, he is also very quick and should be able to defend the small forward in the NBA. He can pass very well, especially out of double teams, and is a team player with well-rounded statistics. He was measured with a 7’1” wingspan

When is the last time you ever heard that about a UK recruit?

At UK....hmmmm, hmmmmm

Kenny "Sky" Walker, from a "few" years back. Again, I hope UK does get him but he's not the franchise, that people will expect as a Freshman.

At UK....hmmmm, hmmmmm

Kenny "Sky" Walker, from a "few" years back. Again, I hope UK does get him but he's not the franchise, that people will expect as a Freshman.

Your catching on!!!!! We never get these kinda kids anymore. If you are comparing Skywalker... wow.. some people on this board weren't alive when Skywalker was playing probably.

Oh and he's gonna have to be the franchise cause well... we don't have any other post guys.

Your catching on!!!!! We never get these kinda kids anymore. If you are comparing Skywalker... wow.. some people on this board weren't alive when Skywalker was playing probably.

Oh and he's gonna have to be the franchise cause well... we don't have any other post guys.

That's the big problem, to me. I'm not from the 'sky is falling' school, but if Morris does indeed jump and UK fails to sign Patterson, what's the future for UK inside?