Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 42 Breathitt County 21

Featured Replies

Well done Somerset! I watched a chunk of this one. The Jumpers were even more in control than the score shows IMO.

Strong win by Somerset.  Sets up well for their last several games to end the year and win the district again.

Did Breathitt turn the ball over?

3 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Did Breathitt turn the ball over?

They threw a pick 6 and another interception.  Somerset also recovered a squib kick.  

Somerset turned it over twice themselves on fumbles. One was when they were going in for a score and went for a touchback. 

Are any of the Somerset players getting any interest from college recruiters?  Hughes is an excellent running back and should be able to play somewhere.  Bruner would seem like a good fit for Centre, especially since his dad and uncle both played there.  

Why is this score not on the KHSAA page? It isn't even on either team's schedule.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Why is this score not on the KHSAA page? It isn't even on either team's schedule.

I don't know but I have noticed the Scoreboard has taken a couple steps back this year.  

bobcats.jpg

19 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't know but I have noticed the Scoreboard has taken a couple steps back this year.  

bobcats.jpg

I'm with you. I think the move to Arbiter has been a negative. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out.

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm with you. I think the move to Arbiter has been a negative. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out.

Right, nothing but love for Mr. Riherd, he is amazing.  But I certainly understand the tech challenges today, especially with as much data as we are talking about.

7 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

Are any of the Somerset players getting any interest from college recruiters?  Hughes is an excellent running back and should be able to play somewhere.  Bruner would seem like a good fit for Centre, especially since his dad and uncle both played there.  

Somerset has several players that are consistently in contact with college recruiters which I like to see. In the past it seems we may have one per season or maybe a couple - but I know that we have had a handful or more that are getting gameday invites and official visits.
 

Additionally we have some very good talent that isn't old enough to be recruited just yet. I’m excited to see where the future takes these boys and I’ll also add that somerset’s middle school players are about to come in and make some noise. The future of the Briar Jumpers is bright and I’m here for it!

On 10/5/2024 at 3:49 PM, theguru said:

jumpers.jpg

I’ve noticed they’ve added the Somerset / Breathitt game now on KHSAA. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.