Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Cincinnati Reds

Featured Replies

Well the 2024 season is now over the Reds finish at 77-85 fired their manager David Bell with about 2 weeks left in the season. The Reds looked promising at times but they were plagued all season with injuries especially to the pitching staff.

This will be a big offseason and a lot of decisions that could affect the organization for years to come. Who will be the new manager? Who (if any) of the staff will be retained? Will they make any moves towards free agents? As always I will be looking forward to their moves and nothing is better to me than opening day in Cincinnati. GO REDS!!

  • Replies 324
  • Views 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I think you’ll see either or both of Benson and Fraley gone and an outfielder either signed or traded for. They’ll need to sign a backup or starting level catcher to backup Ty Steve. 
 

Personally I’d love to see this:

Skip Schumacher as manager. 

C Yan Gomes

OF Tyler O’Neil

P Lucas Giolito

In my opinion all jobs are open and up for grabs after this season.  Every team has injuries and good teams overcome them.  I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts on a starting 8 to start the discussion.

I think these players from this season are a must stay, everyone else can or should be replaced:

 

Pitchers: Abbott, Diaz, Greene, Junis, Lodolo, Lowder, Martinez, Moll, Pagan, Williamson. 
 

Ty Steve

Elly

CES

France 

India

Marte

McClain

Friedl

Steer

 

That’s it for me. I know they’ll keep more but the rest of the roster can be upgraded this offseason. I know they won’t because ownership is cheap but this is a big offseason to try and make some splashes with signings/trades and sign a proven manager. If next season ends under .500 again you’ll start seeing a fire sale of the young talent again. 

I'd make Terry Francona tell me no before going after anyone else.

On 9/30/2024 at 4:34 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

I'd make Terry Francona tell me no before going after anyone else.

Boom!!!

More excited about the next season than I have been in a long time.

If this team can stay halfway healthy, I think they can show a great improvement with a little guidance from the new man in the dugout.

The Reds need to go all in on one #1 starting pitcher. Add that anchor to the rotation, and this team with its current roster is a playoff contender. I can't wait to see how Francona puts this roster and his lineups together.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The Reds need to go all in on one #1 starting pitcher. Add that anchor to the rotation, and this team with its current roster is a playoff contender. I can't wait to see how Francona puts this roster and his lineups together.

They can still sign Bauer cheap!

Just now, Jumper_Dad said:

They can still sign Bauer cheap!

Didn't he pitch in Mexico this year? How did he do?

43 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Didn't he pitch in Mexico this year? How did he do?

10-0 with 2.48 ERA, 2nd best ERA for a starter.

I would like Terry to pull the best set of assistance coaches that he can find to help with restoring good hitting, fielding and pitching fundamentals to these good young players.  That should help with the 1-run win-loss record.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.