Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Pulls Kid's Scholarship (Take 2)...

Featured Replies

UK fans will always rake Louisville fans over the coals at any opportunity. And visa versa.
That is true.
  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also heard that UK was evaluating Kasey Clark.

^ I thought that they were out of schollies?

As many have said, we don't know the details.

 

Did that stop them when Durham's scholly was pulled? They were pretty quick on the trigger, if I remember correctly....

^ I thought that they were out of schollies?

They have had a couple of verbals back out and as has been documented pulled an offer. Not to mention some have yet to gain eligibility.

 

 

UC and Marshall are supposed to let him know something early this week. UC has some evaluating to do with the coaching change and he was at Marshall for a visit this week.

Did that stop them when Durham's scholly was pulled? They were pretty quick on the trigger, if I remember correctly....

We knew much more. The kid and his coach were very vocal about how they felt they were treated.

 

For the record, I didn't jump all over UL for it but many did.

We knew much more. The kid and his coach were very vocal about how they felt they were treated.

 

For the record, I didn't jump all over UL for it but many did.

 

First, I wasn't calling you out...I know your stance on it. :thumb:

 

Second, people were going on what they heard from the kid, who was scorned, and a coach who was defending his kid....

After the UK people raked Louisville over the coals I really thought that they would be lining up to express their displeasure with their staff over their actions.:rolleyes: After all they certainly would want anyone to think they were just a tad bit hypocritical now would they?

 

Just for the record, I don't believe that oldrambler posted at all on the U.L. / "Durham" thread that was brought up at the start of this thread. I checked and didn't see one anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. :D

Just for the record, I don't believe that oldrambler posted at all on the U.L. / "Durham" thread that was brought up at the start of this thread. I checked and didn't see one anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. :D

 

Of course you didn't. Everyone knows that you are OSU, through and through. scarlet & gray in the fall (when the Durham incident happened) and don't turn UK Blue until the spring.:thumb:

Of course you didn't. Everyone knows that you are OSU, through and through. scarlet & gray in the fall (when the Durham incident happened) and don't turn UK Blue until the spring.:thumb:

Wrong again LSU, I am OSU football first and foremost but I also support U.K., I am able to do both.:D

^ I thought that they were out of schollies?

Doesn't matter they'll just pull someone elses.

Can someone clarify exactly what is meant by the term "Grey Shirt". Isn't it still offering a scholarship to a player, but just asking them to delay enrollment until the Spring semester so that the scholarship will count toward the following seasons limit?

 

I have already made my thoughts know with regard to this type of situation on this site with regards to Brad Durham and Ben Duval. I know the reality of the situation, colleges pull offers, pursue already committed kids, and kids don't honor commitments.

 

Personally I would favor a system in which a college would have to honor any scholarship offers with the possible exception of if a kid gets into academic or legal troubles. While at the same the the kids should be allowed to sign these offers at anytime as opposed to making a verbal commitment (which is meaningless) and that their decision be binding as well, unless their is a coaching change.

 

That being said if UK really did offer to have the kid grey shirt and that term implies what I believe it to mean, I see this situation as being different than what occured with UL or Purdue. I still don't like it, but at least the kid still has an opportunity to attend to school of his choice on scholarship albeit a semester later than originally intended.

Well if they offered him a grey shirt then it isnt as bad. Because a grey shirt is still a full ride scholarship for a player, just not right away. Durrel White was a grey shirt and several more good players have been.

 

Now, I dont think its necessarily the fairest thing to do, I don't like the decision, but it isnt as bad as what UL and Petrino did period if UK did offer the grey shirt. If they pull any scholarships I will blast them the same as I did UL.

Some of the info leaking is that UK never offered the kid a scholarship.

Larry Vaught is working on a story about that situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.