Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Laurel County and surrounding counties games put on hold.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Whitley rescheduled with Campbellsville. I am almost always an error on the side of caution guy but I think this is ridiculous.   

  • The bottom line on this is simple.  No administrator wants to take this risk for a school day, let alone a non-required, extracurricular activity.  IF, and admittedly it is a HUGE IF, something were t

  • I agree. My thing is, what if he's never caught? When/how do you decide it's safe to play again?

Posted Images

How many games will this affect?

Whitley rescheduled with Campbellsville.

I am almost always an error on the side of caution guy but I think this is ridiculous.   

Here's what I know:

Western was scheduled to play at Campbellsville on Friday, but Western canceled for undisclosed reasons. Campbellsville has picked up a home game against Whitley County, whose opponent canceled on them because of school closure due to the I-75 shooter manhunt.

Corbin's campus has been closed since the weekend. They are conducting NTI (online) classes, and after not being able to practice on Monday, they scrambled and have been able to hold practices beginning yesterday at University of the Cumberlands. They are scheduled to host Pulaski County on Friday (Pulaski County did not cancel classes), and I believe the game is intended to be played at Pulaski County instead if there is no resolution in finding the I-75 shooter.

North Laurel was originally scheduled to play at Madison Central on Friday. Laurel County Schools have been closed and their athletic teams have not practiced since last week, so they canceled with Madison Central. No word yet on whether or not Madison Central has picked up a different opponent for Friday. Madison Central is looking to try to find another opponent for this Friday, and North Laurel is now looking for a game on September 27 (their original bye week).

South Laurel was originally scheduled to host Whitley County on Friday. Laurel County Schools have been closed and their athletic teams have not practiced since last week, so they canceled with Whitley County and Whitley County has picked up an away game against Campbellsville on Friday instead. South Laurel is now looking for a game on October 25 (their original bye week).

Middlesboro has cancelled their game at Shelby Valley on Friday. Shelby Valley is looking to find a different opponent for this week and is willing to play on Friday or Saturday, as needed.

Eminence head coach Ryan Jones has also sent a message out on the Listserv saying that they are anticipating having Pineville cancel their game at Eminence on Friday.

36 minutes ago, theguru said:

Whitley rescheduled with Campbellsville.

I am almost always an error on the side of caution guy but I think this is ridiculous.   

I've not followed it super close, but have the London-area schools been allowed to practice? I know they weren't allowed on Monday. If they haven't practiced all week, then I can see why a game would be canceled or rescheduled. However, after missing Monday, I figured everything the rest of the week would just be back to normal.

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I've not followed it super close, but have the London-area schools been allowed to practice? I know they weren't allowed on Monday. If they haven't practiced all week, then I can see why a game would be canceled or rescheduled. However, after missing Monday, I figured everything the rest of the week would just be back to normal.

I don't know other than what CWB posted above but I can see, like usual, the good schools find a way (Pulaski and Corbin) and the others find a way to do nothing.  Makes me sad.

41 minutes ago, theguru said:

Whitley rescheduled with Campbellsville.

I am almost always an error on the side of caution guy but I think this is ridiculous.   

I agree.

My thing is, what if he's never caught? When/how do you decide it's safe to play again?

28 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

North Laurel was originally scheduled to play at Madison Central on Friday. Laurel County Schools have been closed and their athletic teams have not practiced since last week, so they canceled with Madison Central. No word yet on whether or not Madison Central has picked up a different opponent for Friday. Madison Central is looking to try to find another opponent for this Friday, and North Laurel is now looking for a game on September 27 (their original bye week).

North Laurel is now going to Johnson Central next Friday, September 20 (per 13th Region Media Network). Johnson Central was scheduled to play Dohn Community out of Ohio on that day. Not sure if there has been more shuffling beyond that.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

I agree.

My thing is, what if he's never caught? When/how do you decide it's safe to play again?

Right, and do you shut down the whole state at that point..

5 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I've not followed it super close, but have the London-area schools been allowed to practice? I know they weren't allowed on Monday. If they haven't practiced all week, then I can see why a game would be canceled or rescheduled. However, after missing Monday, I figured everything the rest of the week would just be back to normal.

Pulaski County, Somerset and Science Hill school districts have all continued having classes on campus.

43 minutes ago, theguru said:

Whitley rescheduled with Campbellsville.

I am almost always an error on the side of caution guy but I think this is ridiculous.   

Agree

There is a very good possibility that this guy is in the wind and not even in the state or possibly country.

How long do we let one person hold people hostage of their everyday lives?

2 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

Agree

There is a very good possibility that this guy is in the wind and not even in the state or possibly country.

How long do we let one person hold people hostage of their everyday lives?

Leadership issue. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.