Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Graves County 35 Mayfield 28

Featured Replies

We have a clubhouse leader for game of the week. Mayfield quickly erased a two score deficit in the second half, but Gregory and Acree seal it for the Eagles in the 4Q. The fifteen game losing streak is dead and buried.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    I said before the game that Lincoln Acree was one of WKY's best kept secrets. Thanks in large part to @GBR and the rest of the Red Helmet crew, the secret is out. This platform serves as great exposur

  • Graves - Was obviously impressed with their QB.  Made a bunch of nice throws.  Looked comfortable in the pocket, and made plays with his legs when things broke down.  O-Line gave him time for the most

  • Can anyone second my appreciation for Coach DeBernardi’s hair???  I’m jealous!!!

Can anyone second my appreciation for Coach DeBernardi’s hair???  I’m jealous!!!

11 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

We have a clubhouse leader for game of the week. Mayfield quickly erased a two score deficit in the second half, but Gregory and Acree seal it for the Eagles in the 4Q. The fifteen game losing streak is dead and buried.

 

 

Congratulations to the Eagles, they played a good game. Gregory played very well and the receivers made some great catches. I’m not discouraged by this loss. We got beat by a good team. 

Proud of these young men and coaches! Wow. I might catch some flak for this, but I honestly thought we were 2-3 tds better, we made so many mistakes and still found a way to win. Mayfield made some mistakes to, and their defensive box is going to give some teams a lot of headaches. 
 

Found out tonight Acree actually transferred from Mayfield to Graves his Sophomore year because he wasnt getting playing time?! Wow! 

  • Author

I said before the game that Lincoln Acree was one of WKY's best kept secrets. Thanks in large part to @GBR and the rest of the Red Helmet crew, the secret is out. This platform serves as great exposure for WKY kids.

Graves looking good early. I’d be lying if I said wasn’t a little worried about them. 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Graves looking good early. I’d be lying if I said wasn’t a little worried about them. 

That district could be the best in 5A. Madisonville also crushed Union County tonight. 

If I’m not mistaken, without looking to confirm, but I believe the last time Graves beat Mayfield they played for the title. But I’m probably wrong.

  • Author

Shout-out to @EdgeRusher, who correctly picked the underdog winner and the margin of victory, even if it turned out to be a little higher scoring game.

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

If I’m not mistaken, without looking to confirm, but I believe the last time Graves beat Mayfield they played for the title. But I’m probably wrong.

Graves' last win over Mayfield before tonight was 2008. They were 5A runner-up in 2014.

19 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Graves' last win over Mayfield before tonight was 2008. They were 5A runner-up in 2014.

I wouldn’t have thought it been that far back. But I was thinking they beat Mayfield the year they played Pulaski County for the title.

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

That district could be the best in 5A. Madisonville also crushed Union County tonight. 

Yeah I believe that district has 3 top 10 teams in 5A this year

2 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

Proud of these young men and coaches! Wow. I might catch some flak for this, but I honestly thought we were 2-3 tds better, we made so many mistakes and still found a way to win. Mayfield made some mistakes to, and their defensive box is going to give some teams a lot of headaches. 
 

Found out tonight Acree actually transferred from Mayfield to Graves his Sophomore year because he wasnt getting playing time?! Wow! 

No flak here.  One of the best games I've seen in a while, but Graves looked much, much better at times. Graves' biggest threat in this game was conditioning and cramping.  Mayfield's biggest threat was #6 Acree.  It looked like Graves played the whole second half with a big up offensive line and multiple backups on the defensive side.  Game seemed to take forever with so many people going down with cramps. It really seemed Graves either got complacent or completely slowed their offense to give their kids a rest, but before that, Graves was looking to put 50 up on them.  Mayfield's DL was fantastic; #55 Jackson was a man out there.  Williams is a hard-nosed, hit you in the mouth linebacker but seemed gassed most of the game.  If Mayfield wants to be the normal Mayfield this year, their secondary has to get better and get more depth.  

Tip of the cap, Graves Co. I was wrong about this one! What a large monkey off their back now. Congratulations to the Eagles!

District 1 in 5A.. Going to be tough!

Mayfield's issue was dropped passes. They have to secure the ball before trying to make a big run after catch. Graves run game was bad. The Cards D did great against the run but couldn't get stops on 3rd and long. They did alot of poor tackling when they should have gotten stops. Graves D did a good job all night and got the big int turnover when needed. I think both teams will be fine as the season wears on. Graves may well be the favorite in D1 5a this year. Mayfield should handle the rest of their schedule outside of maybe Tilghman and I still expect a deep playoff run from them. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.