Harlan County 67 Warren Central 59 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

Final. A good game just too much Trent Noah for the Dragons. Noah had 35 points on 11-19 from the floor 6-8 from 3 and 7-9 from the line. Harlan County will play the Newport/Campbell Co. winner at 6:00 on Friday. Harlan Co. improves to 32-4 Warren Cent. finishes the season at 17-12 on the quest to repeat as state champs. It ends a great career by Kade Unseld who finished with 23 points. 

Trent Noah put on a show, scoring 35 points while pulling down 11 rebounds.  Maddox Huff added 15 points.  The two combined to shoot 9-14 from 3.

Kade Unseld led the defending champs with 23 points.  Drevin Bratton added 13 & Elijah Starks 12 points & 11 boards.

I like to see the Eastern KY/Mountain teams do well.  I’m pretty sure of what’s going to happen to Magoffin in the quarters, but Harlan County vs Newport/Campbell could be a really entertaining matchup. 

• Like 2

I knew Noah was good, and frankly I knew he was that good. But I HOPED maybe not today lol 

Every time they needed a big shot, he was there. That three he made when they were up three late, I was surprised he even shot it. I like the confidence but I was still surprised. And he nailed it - pretty much ended it. 

They’ll be very easy for me to root for moving forward. I usually throw my support to the team that knocks us out at state, I’d love to see Harlan County succeed!

• Like 1

I think Noah is gonna cause a ton of problems for tonight's winner. Big sized kid that has a ton of skill and athleticism. I don't know who on Newport can match up, will be a tough guard. Same reason I like Trinity and Crossing over them, the wing play is very suspect.

18 minutes ago, GoBucks97 said:

I think Noah is gonna cause a ton of problems for tonight's winner. Big sized kid that has a ton of skill and athleticism. I don't know who on Newport can match up, will be a tough guard. Same reason I like Trinity and Crossing over them, the wing play is very suspect.

Slowing Noah probably requires taking the air out of the ball. That's a strategy I don't expect to see from anyone in Harlan County's path.

46 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Every time they needed a big shot, he was there. That three he made when they were up three late, I was surprised he even shot it. I like the confidence but I was still surprised. And he nailed it - pretty much ended it. 

He doesn't have to dig deep for it, not after 3,600 career points. 

Even in defeat, I like that Unseld came on like he did. Sometimes, even great players can get lost in the wash. I was beginning to wonder if that was going to be the case for him today. In about five game minutes, he went from nothing to twelve points. There's a lot to like about his game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

He doesn't have to dig deep for it, not after 3,600 career points. 

Even in defeat, I like that Unseld came on like he did. Sometimes, even great players can get lost in the wash. I was beginning to wonder if that was going to be the case for him today. In about five game minutes, he went from nothing to twelve points. There's a lot to like about his game.

No doubt he’s used to scoring, I just know situationally, a lot of times you’re not exactly encouraged to take that three in that situation. He has ice in his veins!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

No doubt he’s used to scoring, I just know situationally, a lot of times you’re not exactly encouraged to take that three in that situation. He has ice in his veins!

marbles.gif

• Haha 4