Magoffin County vs. Perry County Central Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

KHSAA Sweet 16 First Round  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magoffin County
    • Perry County Central

This poll is closed to new votes

• theguru changed the title to Magoffin County vs. Perry County Central Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

8jezm8.thumb.jpg.540bd5fabfabd16466ff9403a0aa47f4.jpg

Magoffin County Hornets (21-13, R15 Champion) | Perry Central Commodores (22-13, R14 Champion)

Noteworthy Results

Magoffin County - Lost to Perry Central by 5 on 12/1 | Lost to 16th Region champion Ashland twice, by margins of 24 and 14 | Lost to Pikeville by 15 | Beat Martin County for region title

Perry Central - Beat Magoffin County by 5 on 12/1 | Lost to 13th Region Champion Harlan County by 18 | Lost to Boyd County by 16 | Lost three times to Hazard, by margins of 16, 3, and 7 | Beat Breathitt County for region title 

Player Spotlight

Magoffin County - Aden Barnett (29.4 ppg/56% FGs) 

Barnett is Magoffin County's all-time leading scorer with over 3,500 career points across six seasons of varsity basketball. He hits the floor of Rupp Arena after averaging 33 points per game in the quarters, semis, and finals of the 15th's super regional to deliver Magoffin's first ever region title.

Perry Central - Kizer Slone (15.5 ppg/6.5 rpg) | Trayten Woods (15.3 ppg/47.5% on 3pt FGs) | Carter Castle (14 ppg/65% FGs)

Where as Magoffin County relies heavily on the work of Barnett, the Commodores distribute the bulk of their production between the trio of Slone, Woods, and Castle. Woods provides the perimeter threat, Castle works the interior, and Slone gives you a little of everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I will be at all 15 games of the state tournament. I am excited that this one is the first one to start off the 4 days as I feel it is the most even game of the first round and should be close thru out the game. 

• Like 1