Open Job: Kentucky (Women)

36 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They said on the radio today that Jeff Walz was a non-starter, that evidently Barnhart is not a fan. 

So who is really calling the shots?   They have a mediocre football program that everyone in the administration is apparently happy with and no interest in a women's basketball coach that has had an amazing amount of tourney success over the last decade plus. Sounds like someone not wanting to ruffle feathers.

20 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I know you mentioned it as a rumor, but this seems very unlikely. Not sure why he would make that move.

19 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

I've heard that UK could try to take advantage of Louisville's athletic department budget crunch and possible uncertainty of where ACC dissolution would leave the team.  But yeah, I think that's a longshot candidate.  If I were Barnhart, though, I'd still make a call to gauge any interest.  Be dumb not to.

Jeff Walz is not leaving Louisville for Kentucky. That would be a downgrade, and Louisville will pay him whatever he wants. There would have to be some advantage beyond money that UK could provide. What would that be?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They said on the radio today that Jeff Walz was a non-starter, that evidently Barnhart is not a fan. 

Jeff is a firecracker, and certainly not for everyone's taste. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Jeff is a firecracker, and certainly not for everyone's taste. 

Maybe he will be U of L mens coach...they could use a little fire in their lives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 10:03 PM, TribeTime said:

I’ve heard Molly Miller at Grand Canyon, Kim Caldwell at Marshall, and Karl Smesko from FGCU. 

Matt Jones said on his radio show that he’s heard that Virginia Techs coach has interviewed for it and being seriously considered. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

Matt Jones said on his radio show that he’s heard that Virginia Techs coach has interviewed for it and being seriously considered. 

That would be a great hire. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 9:46 PM, All State Baseball said:

to have good programs you have to put out the $$$$

I would love to have either of these two coaches but I doubt that would ever be in the ballpark. 

Yeah.....9 million guarantees a national recruiting championship every year! Oh, you don't get a banner or trophy for that?

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Kenny Brooks has been hired by UK. He was at Virginia Tech. Kentucky is making him a Top 10 paid Coach in Women's Basketball.

I wonder if he can bring some of his players with him? Seems like remaining players after a coach firing or leaving for a new job triggers an exodus to the transfer portal.