Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky (Women)

Featured Replies

Kyra Elzy relieved of her duties after four years as the head of the Kentucky Women’s team.

First major coaching search at UK in over a decade.

  • Author

61-60 with one SEC Tournament Title in four years.

  • Author

Is Juli Fulks at Transylvania on the list? 64 straight wins and 400 overall as a head coach.

Or,

Should they focus on a D-1 Coach?

Rumors I've heard so far:

-Matthew Mitchell getting his old job back

-Louisville coach Jeff Walz

-Grand Canyon coach Molly Miller

-Duke coach Kara Lawson

-Transy coach Juli Fulks

15 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Rumors I've heard so far:

-Louisville coach Jeff Walz

I know you mentioned it as a rumor, but this seems very unlikely. Not sure why he would make that move.

45 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I know you mentioned it as a rumor, but this seems very unlikely. Not sure why he would make that move.

I've heard that UK could try to take advantage of Louisville's athletic department budget crunch and possible uncertainty of where ACC dissolution would leave the team.  But yeah, I think that's a longshot candidate.  If I were Barnhart, though, I'd still make a call to gauge any interest.  Be dumb not to.

If I’m Barnhardt and/or the boosters. I’m throwing the banks at either Mulkey at LSU or South Carolina coach. 

6 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

If I’m Barnhardt and/or the boosters. I’m throwing the banks at either Mulkey at LSU or South Carolina coach. 

I just don't think that's remotely realistic. 

9 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

If I’m Barnhardt and/or the boosters. I’m throwing the banks at either Mulkey at LSU or South Carolina coach. 

For comparison sake, Elzy was paid less than $800k this year, where as Staley and Mulkey were both paid over $3 million.  Also they are both at established programs with good rosters already.  So I'm thinking they would want over $4 million to even consider that move, which is more than 5 times what Elzy was getting paid by UK this year. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I just don't think that's remotely realistic. 

I know but we can wish and hope. 

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

For comparison sake, Elzy was paid less than $800k this year, where as Staley and Mulkey were both paid over $3 million.  Also they are both at established programs with good rosters already.  So I'm thinking they would want over $4 million to even consider that move, which is more than 5 times what Elzy was getting paid by UK this year. 


to have good programs you have to put out the $$$$

 

I would love to have either of these two coaches but I doubt that would ever be in the ballpark. 

  • Author

They said on the radio today that Jeff Walz was a non-starter, that evidently Barnhart is not a fan. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

For comparison sake, Elzy was paid less than $800k this year, where as Staley and Mulkey were both paid over $3 million.  Also they are both at established programs with good rosters already.  So I'm thinking they would want over $4 million to even consider that move, which is more than 5 times what Elzy was getting paid by UK this year. 

That’s true but those 2 are AT LEAST 10 times the coach Elzy is so that seems more than fair!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.