Open Job: Kentucky (Women)

15 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Rumors I've heard so far:

-Louisville coach Jeff Walz

I know you mentioned it as a rumor, but this seems very unlikely. Not sure why he would make that move.

45 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I know you mentioned it as a rumor, but this seems very unlikely. Not sure why he would make that move.

I've heard that UK could try to take advantage of Louisville's athletic department budget crunch and possible uncertainty of where ACC dissolution would leave the team.  But yeah, I think that's a longshot candidate.  If I were Barnhart, though, I'd still make a call to gauge any interest.  Be dumb not to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

If I’m Barnhardt and/or the boosters. I’m throwing the banks at either Mulkey at LSU or South Carolina coach. 

I just don't think that's remotely realistic. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

If I’m Barnhardt and/or the boosters. I’m throwing the banks at either Mulkey at LSU or South Carolina coach. 

For comparison sake, Elzy was paid less than $800k this year, where as Staley and Mulkey were both paid over $3 million.  Also they are both at established programs with good rosters already.  So I'm thinking they would want over $4 million to even consider that move, which is more than 5 times what Elzy was getting paid by UK this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

For comparison sake, Elzy was paid less than $800k this year, where as Staley and Mulkey were both paid over $3 million.  Also they are both at established programs with good rosters already.  So I'm thinking they would want over $4 million to even consider that move, which is more than 5 times what Elzy was getting paid by UK this year. 

to have good programs you have to put out the $$$$

I would love to have either of these two coaches but I doubt that would ever be in the ballpark. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

That’s true but those 2 are AT LEAST 10 times the coach Elzy is so that seems more than fair!