Lexington Catholic vs. Great Crossing Predictions/Updates (11th Region Championship)

Lexington Catholic vs. Great Crossing  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lexington Catholic
    • Great Crossing

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/2024 at 11:06 PM

This should be a great game. These two have been the top 2 teams in the 11th all-season. They are also the #1 and #2 teams in the state currently. It is sad that one of the top teams in the state will not make it to Rupp. These two teams met about 6 weeks ago on a neutral court and the game was won by Great Crossing 58-50. Great Crossing goes into the game at 33-1 and Lexington Catholic enters the game at 32-2. Great Crossing has not lost to a KY team this season. Catholic's 2 losses came to Great Crossing and Lyon Co. I am looking forward to watching this one. It can be seen for free on Glicod Sports. It is Tuesday, March 12th at 7:00pm from Dunbar HS.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do we really think this is the state championship?

#1 team vs #2 team in the entire state. A few other teams could win, but it would be considered an upset.

• Thanks 1

Crossing fell in love with the three point line when they met in late January, ignoring Moreno for long stretches. Despite that, he just missed out on a 20/20 game to go with seven blocks. 

They're all elimination games now, so I don't look for Crossing to stray far from Moreno this time. Collapsing defense on him will open up looks for perimeter shooters. Moreno was in and out of the flow of the game in January and the Warhawks shot poorly from three... and they still won.

If they don't get sidetracked again, I think Crossing wins by 7-10. I'm also counting on LexCath picking up its level after an off shooting night in the first meeting. Should be a memorable contest and atmosphere. 

6 hours ago, theguru said:

Do we really think this is the state championship?

There are a lot of other very good teams out there. 

Lyon Co. 

The winner of the 9th. 

Trinity

Bowling Green

GRC

Harlon County

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I wouldn’t go as far as calling it the state championship, but I’d be highly, highly surprised if the winner wasn’t in at least the state semis. So you’d have to like the chances of the winner to be the overall favorite. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sweet16 said:

There are a lot of other very good teams out there. 

Lyon Co. 

The winner of the 9th. 

Trinity

Bowling Green

GRC

Harlon County

Well said! Rankings are just that, “someone’s” opinion and opinions don’t step on the court.
Great Crossing beat Newport by 2 points. Lyon Co. blew out Lex Cath by 20, Newport beat Lyon Co. by 2, see where I’m going?
There are some EXCELLENT teams on this list that could end up in the finals and win it all. 

• Like 1