Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region Winner Predictions

Featured Replies

9 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

Nobody picking Butler County to win the 3rd region is very strange to me. Ty Price (29.4ppg) and Lawson Rice (18.5ppg, 10.7rpg) are easily the best duo in the region and the supporting cast they have around them have good size and the ability to stretch the floor. I can understand the rebuttal, probably has to do with the depth, but they’ve done it all year at a high level and I don’t see that coming to a halt when it really counts.

The projected winner by every responder said Daviess County, the Panthers just went to Greenwood and lost by 5 last week, while the Bears earlier this year traveled to Bowling Green and blew the Gators out by 27. A very good Butler County team in Morgantown right now, and I almost forgot to mention, not a single SR on the team.

Was very impressed by them, I think they’re the team to beat in the 3rd. 

  • Replies 34
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Doesn't matter.  If you can get a kid eligible in February, you can win a Region you're not even in!

  • TheBallCoach
    TheBallCoach

    Nobody picking Butler County to win the 3rd region is very strange to me. Ty Price (29.4ppg) and Lawson Rice (18.5ppg, 10.7rpg) are easily the best duo in the region and the supporting cast they have

  • In the 13th everyone is picking HC and I would as well if the regional tourney was held anywhere other than the Corbin Arena. Historically teams that live and die on perimeter play tend to die at the

3 hours ago, DearToday said:

My thought process was I know nothing about the 3rd and picked the same team the two before me did. Lol 

Fair enough. I’ve just been very impressed what they’ve done this season and was shocked not a single person had them picked.

18 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

The KHSAA rule for international students is that they set out a calendar year from the date they enroll.  His paperwork was held up and he didn’t get to America until February.  

It was a joke. 

23 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

Nobody picking Butler County to win the 3rd region is very strange to me. Ty Price (29.4ppg) and Lawson Rice (18.5ppg, 10.7rpg) are easily the best duo in the region and the supporting cast they have around them have good size and the ability to stretch the floor. I can understand the rebuttal, probably has to do with the depth, but they’ve done it all year at a high level and I don’t see that coming to a halt when it really counts.

The projected winner by every responder said Daviess County, the Panthers just went to Greenwood and lost by 5 last week, while the Bears earlier this year traveled to Bowling Green and blew the Gators out by 27. A very good Butler County team in Morgantown right now, and I almost forgot to mention, not a single SR on the team.

It’s tough to get a line on Butler County.  There are two teams in the region ranked ahead of them per RPI (for what that’s worth) - Daviess and Ocath - and Butler doesn’t play either one of them in the regular season.  Comparing scores against common opponents makes for great water cooler talk, but head-to-head is more instructive. 

That being said, Butler has a couple of things in their favor.  They have breezed through their regional schedule, including a nice recent win over Ohio County.  They’ve won 10 of their last 11. And although they got a little beaten up, they ran the gauntlet in the KOB; and there’s no better experience than playing top teams in a tournament environment. 

They definitely have a great chance to get to the regional final and if so, who knows?   I think they have a real chance to get to Rupp. 

I don't know enough about the Boys' teams around the state to make an educated guess, but I do think GRC wins the 10th and Newport wins the 9th.

I will be the first to pick Cooper out of the 9th. While Newport just defeated Cooper in a very close game this week in a game was played without its two top players who were injured yet the Jags played stellar defense after the 1st qtr being down by 17 to hold Newport to its 2nd lowest scoring total of the season at 48 points. They Newport to just 3 points in the 2nd quarter. 
 

Again, Newport still won the game so they deserve to be the favorite, today. I’m simply of the belief that when Cooper is at FULL strength they will win the 9th. They’ve already beaten CovCath on their home floor by 10 without arguably their best player in Andy Johnson. I want to be clear, I love Newport, Coach Snapp and what he’s built but I believe Cooper’s depth at full strength will be a deciding factor should there be a rematch. JMO

  1. Murray 
  2. Lyon Co. 
  3. O'Cath 
  4. Bowling Green 
  5. Elizabethtown 
  6. Evangel Christian 
  7. Trinity 
  8. North Oldham 
  9. Newport 
  10. GRC 
  11. Lexington Catholic 
  12. Somerset 
  13. Harlan Co. 
  14. Hazard 
  15. Pikeville 
  16. Ashland 

In the 13th everyone is picking HC and I would as well if the regional tourney was held anywhere other than the Corbin Arena. Historically teams that live and die on perimeter play tend to die at the Arena. Horrible backdrop for basketball. And in the past 2 years HC has played awful at the Arena. That being said I believe Clay county or South Laurel(If Mabe is back and 90%) will win the 13th.

  • Author

@mcpapa Butler County was not in the LIT. However I did watch them get blown out three times in the King of the Bluegrass and I was not impressed with them. 

31 minutes ago, LouHSJunkie said:

@mcpapa Butler County was not in the LIT. However I did watch them get blown out three times in the King of the Bluegrass and I was not impressed with them. 

Senior moment.  It was the KOB.   Fixed the OP.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:55 AM, LouHSJunkie said:

@mcpapa Butler County was not in the LIT. However I did watch them get blown out three times in the King of the Bluegrass and I was not impressed with them. 

I agree with you on this 100%.  When I saw them at the KOB and have seen a couple of their better players at AAU thru the years I don't think they can beat a good team--just my opinion though.

Edited by theguru

On 2/13/2024 at 12:24 PM, LCDAWGS19 said:

Doesn't matter.  If you can get a kid eligible in February, you can win a Region you're not even in!

All time great comment.

1 hour ago, Waterboy70 said:

In the 13th everyone is picking HC and I would as well if the regional tourney was held anywhere other than the Corbin Arena. Historically teams that live and die on perimeter play tend to die at the Arena. Horrible backdrop for basketball. And in the past 2 years HC has played awful at the Arena. That being said I believe Clay county or South Laurel(If Mabe is back and 90%) will win the 13th.

Would be neat to see a Jones vs Jones coaching battle.  Can never count out Corbin in the 13th.  They usually make a push...

1. McCracken Co.

2. Lyon Co.

3. Daviess Co.

4. Bowling Green

5. Adair Co.

6. Evangel Christian

7. Dupont Manuel

8. North Oldham

9. Newport

10. Clark Co.

11. Great Crossing

12. Wayne Co.

13. Harlan Co.

14. Breathitt Co.

15. Pikeville

16. Boyd Co.

1. McCracken Co. 

2. Lyon Co. 

3. Butler Co. 

4. Bowling Green

5. Adair Co  

6. Evangel Christian 

7. Trinity 

8. North Oldham

9. Newport

10. GRC

11. Great Crossing

12. Danville Christian

13. Harlan Co  

14. Hazard

15. Pikeville

16. Boyd Co.

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.