Gonzaga at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

Gonzaga vs. Kentucky  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2024 at 07:06 PM

5 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

2022 – Spokane Arena
2023 – Rupp Arena
2024 – Seattle
2025 – Nashville
2026 – Rupp Arena
2027 – McCarthey Athletic Center (Gonzaga's home arena)

I always wonder how they negotiate this stuff.

Why not just true home/away every year?

Why Spokane Arena? And for anti-Cal people, this was NOT a neutral site game. That would be like saying playing at Memorial Coliseum is a neutral site game.

Seattle/Nashville?

I assume some has to do with national branding and recruiting, but who knows?

It is probably the one thing that always brings us together and divides us: money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Why Spokane Arena? And for anti-Cal people, this was NOT a neutral site game. That would be like saying playing at Memorial Coliseum is a neutral site game.

Seattle/Nashville?

It is probably the one thing that always brings us together and divides us: money.

Spokane seats double what McCarthey does, so that likely explains that.  And Cal, whether I like it or not, is big on neutral site games.  Maybe because he sees them as preparatory for the NCAA Tournament.  Maybe branding, as you said.  I would guess Seattle and Nashville have large concentrations of fans for each team & both sites are about 3.5 to 4 hours away from campus.

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Seattle/Nashville?

Simple. Cal is a coward. 

😎

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Spokane seats double what McCarthey does, so that likely explains that.  And Cal, whether I like it or not, is big on neutral site games.  Maybe because he sees them as preparatory for the NCAA Tournament.  Maybe branding, as you said.  I would guess Seattle and Nashville have large concentrations of fans for each team & both sites are about 3.5 to 4 hours away from campus.

I suppose all those things are true, but these are negotiated deals by both parties. I'm just always fascinated with how these things unfold.

Seattle has always been a sneaky city for basketball talent.

2 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Seems like an odd matchup in the middle of conference play.   Why was this scheduled for now?

Probably TV request.

Doesn't UK usually have a good non conference opponent scheduled each year in the middle of conference play?

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Probably TV request.

Doesn't UK usually have a good non conference opponent scheduled each year in the middle of conference play?

The SEC-BIG 12 Challenge has been it the last several years. But UK has a history of randomly playing games during conference play that I can remember from years' past (ND, 'Nova, etc).

• Thanks 1

I’d assume they’re playing at Bridgestone Arena and not Vandy. I like Neutral sight games on a rotating basis. We grew up with Indiana and Kentucky rotating between Indianapolis and Louisville. 

Cats by 10 or more. 

Edited by Breds82
Typo

On 2/7/2024 at 1:38 AM, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Zags (16-6) travel cross country to take on the Cats (16-6) in non-conference contest at Rupp. The game is scheduled for 2:00pm on Saturday on CBS. Go Cats!!

Game is at 4:00. Not 2:00.