Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dropping pounds 2024

Featured Replies

I actually started yesterday.

Starting weight 225

I won't post daily but will weigh in daily.
My reason for daily weigh in is strictly do to my need to see the numbers good or bad.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Bluegrasscard
    Bluegrasscard

    In May of last year I had my 4th Pulmonary Vein Ablation (PVA) to address a-fib that was persistent.  It seemed to work finally and after that I committed to dropping the pounds.  I went from around 2

  • rjs4470
    rjs4470

    Down 8 more lbs since my last post here on April 5th, and almost 25lbs down since Jan 1.  Only about 12 pounds away from my college playing weight. Still just watching portions and cutting down my sug

  • 1st. Pic Christmas day 2009, 2nd. Pic Christmas day 2010, 3rd. pic Christmas day 2011.  

Posted Images

What is your goal?

I'm trying to drop 20 by April 1st.  I think it's doable as long as I keep my alcohol intake down on the weekends.  It's the food that comes with that alcohol that tends to get me.  

2 hours ago, newarkcatholicfan said:

I actually started yesterday.

Starting weight 225

I won't post daily but will weigh in daily.
My reason for daily weigh in is strictly do to my need to see the numbers good or bad.

Me as well and I'm starting at roughly the same point.   I won't be weighing daily, just because its a long term project and I don't want small daily movements to get in my head.

  • Author
2 hours ago, theguru said:

What is your goal?

First to get back under 200 then back to what I was back in 1996, which was 173.

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I'm trying to drop 20 by April 1st.  I think it's doable as long as I keep my alcohol intake down on the weekends.  It's the food that comes with that alcohol that tends to get me.  

Why April Fools' Day?

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Me as well and I'm starting at roughly the same point.   I won't be weighing daily, just because its a long term project and I don't want small daily movements to get in my head.

I think you should weigh every day and the only thing getting in your head will be objective feedback based on your short terms habits. 

I started playing racquetball again a couple weeks ago, it almost killed me. I’m 224 and I was 205 on March 13th 2020 when the Rona shut the world down. Went back to the gym this week and I can’t move any part of my body with out being in pain. I’m looking at 2-3 lbs a week until I get to 190. I’m down 5lbs as of this morning. Holidays don’t help, I don’t eat horrible but lack of excercise and beer keep from losing weight. 

15 hours ago, theguru said:

Why April Fools' Day?

Because the day after, I'm in Florida, poolside without a care in the world.  I actually bulked up early during bulking season this year, so I'm pretty confident I can get down 20 pretty easily.  

  • Author

After six days I am at 223.4
Slow start but a start.

I am logging my calories on a page I have used in the past.

I will be on this train in 2024. I've got to get healthier for my family. 

I will probably start with keto to get a good jump start, and then transition to a simple calorie deficit. 

  • Author

222.8 this morning.

I am telling myself you did not become of fat pig overnight so the reversal will also take time.

221 this morning, down 9 since last Tuesday. Doing 100 sit-ups a day, try to before I go to bed.

Down 9.4 pounds after my first week of keto. Stomach is finally starting to settle some. 

Finding keto bread has been a game changer for me. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.