La Lumiere (IN) 74 Covington Catholic 60

13 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I’d have to check these guys out. CovCath seemingly in a respectable game against the Indiana #1 should give them a confidence booster. If they played 10 times what’s the record?

They are a legit top 10 prep school / team in America, if CovCath would win one they should get ladders out and cut down the nets.  They have several guys with POWER D1 offers.  

This was a very solid result for CovCath. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Lakers led the whole game. After racing out to a 19-0 lead, Cov Cath cut La Lumiere's lead down to 9 points just before halftime.

The Colonels didn't have an answer for the height the Lakers had.  La Lumiere with several players over 6'7" and there was really just no way to out-rebound them.*

That was some beautifully played basketball and a pleasure to watch, even with the loss; reminds me of the Oak Hill Academy game from a few years back. The Lakers are a great team.

I thought Harney looked really good tonight for the Colonels. Solid games by Hussey, Miller, and Ruthsatz too. Everything considered, I think Cov Cath played well and agree with The Double Deuce - a very solid result.

* Steven Solano is 7'0". Colonels won the turnover battle 13-20; lost the rebounding one 40-17. 

Love the way we hustled back into it before halftime. The Lakers stormed out again in the third, just scoring in bunches.

Size, quickness, skill - body control in the air by Lakers Jerry Easter, Melvin Bell, and Darius Adams is amazing. All four mentioned are D1 recruits - Adams and Solano are P5 talent thus far. 

La Lumiere: 24-14-22-14 • 74

Cov Cath:      7-22-12-19 • 60

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

That was some beautifully played basketball and a pleasure to watch, even with the loss; reminds me of the Oak Hill Academy game from a few years back. The Lakers are a great team.

I thought Harney looked really good tonight for the Colonels. Solid games by Hussey, Miller, and Ruthsatz too. Everything considered, I think Cov Cath played well and agree with The Double Deuce - a very solid result.

* Steven Solano is 7'0". Colonels won the turnover battle 13-20; lost the rebounding one 40-17. 

Love the way we hustled back into it before halftime. The Lakers stormed out again in the third, just scoring in bunches.

Size, quickness, skill - body control in the air by Lakers Jerry Easter, Melvin Bell, and Darius Adams is amazing. All four mentioned are D1 recruits - Adams and Solano are P5 talent thus far. 

La Lumiere: 24-14-22-14 • 74

Cov Cath:      7-22-12-19 • 60

Does anyone know why their best player wasn’t in attendance?   

10 hours ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

This is no knock at Cov Cath as I believe they’re the best team in the 9th region and a top team in the state. But I did hear that Jalen Haralson La Lumiere’s best player and top 10 player in 2025 didn’t play. Just a rumor…any truth to that? 

I can't find any reports on why he didn't play.  He is a 6'7" point guard with big time offers including UK and Duke. 

• Like 1