Open Job: Shelby County

FLYGUY

4 hours ago, steamroller said:

North Oldham DC...? Franklin

Ashton Bailey OC for Western Hills this year and Shelby alumn

Matt Axline former Oline coach under Coach Shipley and Shelby alumn

Josh Smith former Oline coach under Coach Shipley and believe he coached at Frankfort

Also heard that former Western Hills head coach and current Bryan Station DC Don Miller has shown interest, don't know if he has applied. 

Supposedly they have had 10-12 applicants, post closes today, so interviews should start to happen soon.

Don is the LB coach and Spec Teams Co at Bryan Station. JT Haskins Sr is DC. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, J. Peterman said:

Any update on this hirik process? I have heard this weekend that Phillip Hawkins name is being thrown around as possible candidate. 

I find that very hard to believe.  I mean, I believe you heard it but I don't believe it is true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. Peterman said:

Any update on this hirik process? I have heard this weekend that Phillip Hawkins name is being thrown around as possible candidate. 

I can personally assure you, this is not correct. I am doing fine where I am. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hard Work said:

Hearing a lot of noise about kids leaving as we await the next hire on Rocket Lane. I believe two lineman have already departed. 

With the job being open for over two months that makes sense to me, I would consider jetting too. 

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

With the job being open for over two months that makes sense to me, I would consider jetting too. 

A month since the job closed. I have been told no candidates have been contacted, and a few have removed their names. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, wingt51 said:

If kids want to leave because their head coach got fired for committing several violations, its probably for the best that they're gone. 

That would only be part of it, right?  The other part would be how long the job has been open and the lack of excitement surrounding the job. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

That would only be part of it, right?  The other part would be how long the job has been open and the lack of excitement surrounding the job. 

Definitely sad considering this is a target period for college coaches to visit. You have a kid returning who is an 1800 yard rusher among some other good talents and no one to advocate for them or represent them in the building. It would seem the administration doesn’t understand how this is affecting kids. 

On 2/12/2024 at 12:53 PM, Hard Work said:

Definitely sad considering this is a target period for college coaches to visit. You have a kid returning who is an 1800 yard rusher among some other good talents and no one to advocate for them or represent them in the building. It would seem the administration doesn’t understand how this is affecting kids. 

No assistant coaches or AD that can step up? 

12 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

No staff members were retained. The AD is currently coaching girls bball.

An AD's job is to manage all sports. If he can't help with college coach visits while coaching, he isn't the right person for the job. He doesn't teach, does he? If not, all day to do the rest of the job above his coaching.