Union County at Hart County Predictions/Updates 

DevilMayCare

Braves vs. Raiders   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, TheFan721 said:

The better team, and dropped passes? Did you notice FS scored on a scoop and score off a fumble inside the 15, a safety (not a great play call in that situation) and another fumble on a bad play call on 3rd down? Union defense looked impressive in my opinion. This one should be another dandy.

Yes. FS had 3 bad drops in the red zone 2 of which were wide open and would’ve been easy TDs. I think Union was the scrappier team, they definitely dealt with adversity better. The better team can lose any game that’s just the way it is. Union wanted it just a little bit more than FS and played a better game. 

Not sure why Hart are the sweetheart’s of this group. I understand they haven’t won anything ever and that’s why people are pulling for them but what about Union. I know they have been good for a few years but they haven’t really won anything. I don’t think they have ever won state and I’m not even sure they have ever won the region so I wonder why more people ain’t pulling for them.

Couple of things:

1.  I think this will be a terrific game.  There is only 1 loss (Union on the road against a good 5A Greenwood team) between the 2 of them.

2.  I like @FSfan analysis above.  But I also like @tackle trap take as well.  

3.  Union County only had 4 away games all year and lost one, but I think that loss made them better.  Hart County has an advantage playing at home.

4. @Tkinslow I think the reason more people are pulling for Hart County is there really aren't any known/vocal Union Fans on this site.  There's some Trigg County guys and others that comment for them.  No problem, but that's harder to get behind than people like @CoachLawlerwho are Hart guys.  I like that and as long as they aren't playing BG, I pull for them.

And my best comment of all is this game will be streamed on the Sporting Times at:

- Sporting Times (stfanclub.com)

Good luck to both teams and no injuries!

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Couple of things:

1.  I think this will be a terrific game.  There is only 1 loss (Union on the road against a good 5A Greenwood team) between the 2 of them.

3.  Union County only had 4 away games all year and lost one, but I think that loss made them better.  Hart County has an advantage playing at home.

4. @Tkinslow I think the reason more people are pulling for Hart County is there really aren't any known/vocal Union Fans on this site.  There's some Trigg County guys and others that comment for them.  No problem, but that's harder to get behind than people like @CoachLawlerwho are Hart guys.  I like that and as long as they aren't playing BG, I pull for them.

And my best comment of all is this game will be streamed on the Sporting Times at:

Union County had road trips to Caldwell County, Hopkins County Central, Trigg County, Hancock County and Greenwood. I completely agree the Greenwood loss was a good loss at the right time. The Braves have seemed to be a little more focused the last two weeks. 

Hart County is a good football team, Union County is a good football team, I expect this to be a really good game. I'm leaning toward the UC defense being the difference in this game. 21-14 UC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

Couple of things:

Always gonna back these boys. I've been following them since they started the sport around 6/7 years old which has been about 11-12 years ago when they started flag. I was also a Senior playing here when Griff took over. All of us who were around the program then just knew it was going to end up where we are. Doing things the right way! I do have respect for Union, just think Hart has more weapons on both sides of the ball. They are the ones who put us out last year, so its a revenge game for us. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 7:23 AM, Tkinslow said:

Not sure why Hart are the sweetheart’s of this group. I understand they haven’t won anything ever and that’s why people are pulling for them but what about Union. I know they have been good for a few years but they haven’t really won anything. I don’t think they have ever won state and I’m not even sure they have ever won the region so I wonder why more people ain’t pulling for them.

Union won a region title in 2008, and ran into Louisville Central.

• Thanks 1

Hart County plays a brand of smash mouth football that I haven't seen in years.  Nothing spectacular, but it just works and they have the offensive line and playmakers to just simply make it happen.  I'm ignorant to Union County football, so I am expecting a really good game.  But I have no reason to go against Hart County yet.  I'll take Hart County 28-14.

• Like 1