Union County at Hart County Predictions/Updates 

DevilMayCare

Braves vs. Raiders   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

85q9e8.thumb.jpg.2aad3a15b8e43d23ca784a2608109d11.jpg

Home Is Where The Hart Is; Donnybrook On Tap In Munfordville

Records: Union (11-1) | Hart (12-0)

BGP 3A Rankings: Union (#6) | Hart (#4)

Round 2 Results: Union beat Franklin-Simpson | Hart beat Glasgow 

Series History: Union leads 4-0 dating back to 1998

Teaser Preview: It's still too early to tell if the stars are aligned for Hart County, but another one fell into place last week as the Raiders vanquished district rival Glasgow. It marked the fourth one score win for Hart in their last five games.

They're long on physical and mental toughness and short on losses, currently one of the last eight undefeated teams left.

The ground game has yet to let them down, as the Raiders have run for over 200 yards every week. The passing game, though utilized sparingly, is a complimentary weapon that works to great effect when they pick their spots.

Union County leans on the 1-2 punch of Jarren Johnson and Willem McPeake. Both are over a thousand rushing yards for the season, with Johnson eyeing 2k.

The Braves have been playing and winning (33-4 since 2021) in the dark for the last three years. They were in Hart's shoes last season, beaming at 12-0 before being cut down in the third round. This is their opportunity to step into the light.

Both teams are well versed in trench warfare, pointing toward another scrap that could be held in a phone booth.

• Thanks 1

I believe Hart County will take this one by more than most think. I’ve seen them both play and Union County has virtually no passing game except for throwing it deep and hoping they get someone open behind everybody. They are also somewhat careless with the ball. Jarren Johnson is dangerous for UC if he can get some running room. Hart doesn’t throw it much but they have a bit more sophistication with their passing game than Union. Union was good on stopping the run up the middle against FS but FS got several good gains around the ends. A few dropped passes spelled doom for the Wildcats against Union.  Hart County is a more complete team. Their defense is quick and works together very well. Their offense will have an easier time moving the ball against Union than FS did and I think that will be the difference in the game. I like the Raiders 28-14. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:31 AM, Scottie32 said:

Key for Union: Have referees that know what illegal formations consist of. 

Hart Co. faithful appreciate the continued recurrence of this topic. Especially since there is an entire fan base that thinks one missed call is what caused them to lose 28-21. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoachLawler said:

Hart Co. faithful appreciate the continued recurrence of this topic. Especially since there is an entire fan base that thinks one missed call is what caused them to lose 28-21. 

I've seen him have three to four posts about the occasion now. Needless to say, the tears are flowing heavy in Glasgow still.

To the topic at hand, I think Hart pulls this one out. I like where @FSfan's head is at and will take the Raiders 28-14.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2023 at 9:58 PM, FSfan said:

I believe Hart County will take this one by more than most think. I’ve seen them both play and Union County has virtually no passing game except for throwing it deep and hoping they get someone open behind everybody. They are also somewhat careless with the ball. Jarren Johnson is dangerous for UC if he can get some running room. Hart doesn’t throw it much but they have a bit more sophistication with their passing game than Union. Union was good on stopping the run up the middle against FS but FS got several good gains around the ends. A few dropped passes spelled doom for the Wildcats against Union.  Hart County is a more complete team. Their defense is quick and works together very well. Their offense will have an easier time moving the ball against Union than FS did and I think that will be the difference in the game. I like the Raiders 28-14. 

Just got to see film from FS vs. UC. today. Got to say, I do think FS was the better team. Those dropped passes hurt bad. Lots of respect to FS, especially since they're the only team Hart has taken down and not had the other fanbase spark a brawl or the more common social media drama. 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 1:31 AM, Scottie32 said:

Key for Union: Have referees that know what illegal formations consist of. 

Cmon man, you gotta let it go. Game is over. No need to keep rehashing it on new Hart Co. Post. Was the screen shot you send an illegal formation if they were still aligned like that when the ball snapped? Yes...Could we look at film and find illegal things on just about every play? Yes...If the officials missed it, that sucks and they shouldn't have but it's over at this point. You are acting like that is the only reason Hart won. It isn't. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CoachLawler said:

Not sure how one guy equals an entire fan base. 

On 11/13/2023 at 2:26 PM, CoachLawler said:

Just got to see film from FS vs. UC. today. Got to say, I do think FS was the better team. Those dropped passes hurt bad. Lots of respect to FS, especially since they're the only team Hart has taken down and not had the other fanbase spark a brawl or the more common social media drama. 

The better team, and dropped passes? Did you notice FS scored on a scoop and score off a fumble inside the 15, a safety (not a great play call in that situation) and another fumble on a bad play call on 3rd down? Union defense looked impressive in my opinion. This one should be another dandy.