Open Job: Hazard

Bac2369

• 2 weeks later...

I know of one excellent young assistant that is prepping materials to apply. Would be a great hire. 

When I was an assistant at Paris, we had a dang track meet down there one night to open the season. 1989. Beautiful place for a football game. The mountains of eastern KY are special and the brand of football played in the mountains is top notch. 

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, BobbyKnight said:

The job isn’t posted on their district web page. Does anyone have details on who are candidates? 

I've had a few folks tell me that Hazard has been trying to put things together to try to lure Joe Chirico back to eastern Kentucky. It seems to me that Coach Chirico has himself an awfully nice situation in Winchester, but one of the folks I was talking to said he has heard rumblings that Coach has been pretty disappointed with the way his seasons have panned out at GRC.

I have no idea if there's a single bit of truth to the rumors, but that's the only name I've heard mentioned in terms of the Hazard job.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I've had a few folks tell me that Hazard has been trying to put things together to try to lure Joe Chirico back to eastern Kentucky. It seems to me that Coach Chirico has himself an awfully nice situation in Winchester, but one of the folks I was talking to said he has heard rumblings that Coach has been pretty disappointed with the way his seasons have panned out at GRC.

I have no idea if there's a single bit of truth to the rumors, but that's the only name I've heard mentioned in terms of the Hazard job.

That is a very challenging district that GRC is in, that's for sure. 

19 hours ago, theguru said:

I have heard the names Clay McKee and Nick Mills.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Have you heard any names?  I have also heard the name Matt Chandler.

For clarification:

• McKee is the son of Scott County coach Jim McKee, was an assistant at EKU and now an assistant to his dad at Scott Counmty.
  • Mills is an assistant at Boyle County.
  • Chandler is an assistant at Franklin County and was at Danville before that, I believe. He also spent a couple seasons as head coach at Jenkins in eastern Kentucky.

All are highly regarded and would seem to be excellent choices for Hazard.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

For clarification:

• McKee is the son of Scott County coach Jim McKee, was an assistant at EKU and now an assistant to his dad at Scott Counmty.
  • Mills is an assistant at Boyle County.
  • Chandler is an assistant at Franklin County and was at Danville before that, I believe. He also spent a couple seasons as head coach at Jenkins in eastern Kentucky.

All are highly regarded and would seem to be excellent choices for Hazard.

Thanks @gchs_uk9 and I have also heard the name Mike Holcomb (may just be wishful thinking) if you want to share anything about him. 🙂

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thanks @gchs_uk9 and I have also heard the name Mike Holcomb (may just be wishful thinking) if you want to share anything about him. 🙂

Interesting. Holcomb was a loooooooong time successful coach at Breathitt County. He also spent a couple years at Letcher Central and most recently Madison Central before retiring at the end of the 2022 season.

• Like 1