Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 56 Harrison County 14

Featured Replies

Don’t know why but imo not shaking hands at the end was somewhat of an unprofessional move. There was plenty of bad behavior by both teams. 

How in the world can an officiating crew screw up the 5 yard line with the goalline and give Ashland a touchdown on a run to the 4? I know that didn't make a difference in who was going to win, but wow, that's egregious.

9 hours ago, DragonFire said:

How in the world can an officiating crew screw up the 5 yard line with the goalline and give Ashland a touchdown on a run to the 4? I know that didn't make a difference in who was going to win, but wow, that's egregious.

Here is the said play: https://x.com/tenthregion/status/1720972410248208854?s=20

That is one of the worst officiated 3 minutes in the history of KY high school sports.  

No way that white hat has a game this weekend.  None.  

I never gripe about officials in terms of calls, judgement decisions, and the like, but this was a lack of game control...among other things.  

  • Author

Chad tried telling the officials twice but they wouldn’t budge off the call. Ashland had called a running play thinking the ball was at the 4 yard line. The officials had let the game get too out of hand in the second half. I felt bad for Harrison Co because of the bad calls began in the first quarter and they had 105yards in penalties. I still think Chad making the team go to the end zone was more than likely a bad move. To Harrison credit they had lined up at the 50 to shake hands. IMO the Ashland staff maybe thought the emotions were still in play and didn’t want to chance of a fight happening is the only reason as they told the team to head to the end zone. I’ve seen worse games but Ashland always shook hands in the end. 

I don’t mind Ashland not shaking hands based on the way the game has gone.  Ashland has a big game next week and doesn’t need anyone to get suspended.  

On 11/4/2023 at 10:13 PM, The Double Deuce said:

That is one of the worst officiated 3 minutes in the history of KY high school sports.  

No way that white hat has a game this weekend.  None.  

I never gripe about officials in terms of calls, judgement decisions, and the like, but this was a lack of game control...among other things.  

Reminds me of the white hat BE had against Meade Co.  It was late in the game & a bit chippy.  BE was up by 30.  It was a running clock b/c earlier the lead was 36.  Anyway, one of the last plays of the game, Meade Co. throws a TD pass & an official throws a PI flag on BE.  Meade Co. obviously takes the TD instead & kicks the XP….or so we thought.  On the ensuing kickoff, the officials place the ball at the 50.  When they were questioned, the white hat explained the PI penalty was being enforced on the kickoff ??‍♂️.  Tried to explain it wasn’t a dead ball foul so either Meade Co. takes the result of the play or they take the penalty.  The white hat insisted the rule states the PI penalty is enforced on the kickoff.  Now, I try not to get upset about judgement calls & typically try to put myself in the officials shoes & think to myself “would I have possibly made that call?”  But, there is absolutely no excuse for some of the calls, non calls & lack rules knowledge & enforcement we see today.  I know official numbers are low, which means experience is low, but I see why some people get upset.  Then again, even when I get upset at an official, I don’t do or say some of the things that some “adults” do or say from the stands.  That’s ridiculous.

 

14 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 

After watching the highlights from this angle and - few games on YouTube I don’t like the extra twist and turns some of the Ashland players make after the tackle has been made! I love hard hitting football but those tactics are guaranteed to bring injury!

I'm going to blame all 3 parties involved in this one. The way the Ashland players were acting there at the end is totally embarassing. If the coaches haven't addressed that by that Saturday morning then they're ok with that behavior. The officials can only control so much without tossing guys, that's where the coaches come in. Inexcusable to let that TD call stand. WHite Hat seemed to be in a hurry once the penalty was called. Did Harrison Co's Coach call a TO and discuss it with the R and U?

If I am CovCath I'd be a little worried about cheap stuff during their game.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:40 AM, tomcat1984 said:

Chad tried telling the officials twice but they wouldn’t budge off the call. Ashland had called a running play thinking the ball was at the 4 yard line. The officials had let the game get too out of hand in the second half. I felt bad for Harrison Co because of the bad calls began in the first quarter and they had 105yards in penalties. I still think Chad making the team go to the end zone was more than likely a bad move. To Harrison credit they had lined up at the 50 to shake hands. IMO the Ashland staff maybe thought the emotions were still in play and didn’t want to chance of a fight happening is the only reason as they told the team to head to the end zone. I’ve seen worse games but Ashland always shook hands in the end. 

Does Ashland usually act like this at the end of games? I'd be irate if my players did. I get not shaking hands bc of how chippy it was, but the Ashland players made fools of themselves at the end.

2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Reminds me of the white hat BE had against Meade Co.  It was late in the game & a bit chippy.  BE was up by 30.  It was a running clock b/c earlier the lead was 36.  Anyway, one of the last plays of the game, Meade Co. throws a TD pass & an official throws a PI flag on BE.  Meade Co. obviously takes the TD instead & kicks the XP….or so we thought.  On the ensuing kickoff, the officials place the ball at the 50.  When they were questioned, the white hat explained the PI penalty was being enforced on the kickoff ??‍♂️.  Tried to explain it wasn’t a dead ball foul so either Meade Co. takes the result of the play or they take the penalty.  The white hat insisted the rule states the PI penalty is enforced on the kickoff.  Now, I try not to get upset about judgement calls & typically try to put myself in the officials shoes & think to myself “would I have possibly made that call?”  But, there is absolutely no excuse for some of the calls, non calls & lack rules knowledge & enforcement we see today.  I know official numbers are low, which means experience is low, but I see why some people get upset.  Then again, even when I get upset at an official, I don’t do or say some of the things that some “adults” do or say from the stands.  That’s ridiculous.

 

The enforcement of DPI was the correct one. If a defensive penalty occurs on a scoring play the offense can choose to enforce on the try or kickoff. So maybe you don't know the rules like you think you do?

I've been told the officiating crew from this game was the same crew that worked the Pike County Bowl last year for the Cov Cath vs. Pikeville game. They had quiiiiite a few questionable calls in that game too, including this blatantly missed one that should have been 6 points for the Panthers.
 

 

Unreal. Their association may want to rethink keeping these guys together if that’s the case.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.