Who will be the most overrated team heading into the 2023 season?

18 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Broncos. People are too confident that Sean Payton can get Russell Wilson back to an MVP level QB.

Good call. I'm not sure Russell has anything left. We'll see, but you're right there will be constant noise about the Broncos, Payton and Wilson.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I guess if we are talking who will be worse than what many are prognosticating, I will go with the following teams:

NY Jets
Detroit Lions
Buffalo Bills

Definitely with you on the Lions. I'm wondering if Goff was a flash in the pan last year or if the Lions have something special with their OC.

19 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Definitely with you on the Lions. I'm wondering if Goff was a flash in the pan last year or if the Lions have something special with their OC.

There are some teams and organizations I am not going to believe their success until I can see it. Each year we have trendy teams that pop, then are suddenly back to reality the following year. The Jaguars are in the same boat. In both circumstances their divisions are disasters (especially the AFC South), so each could just as easily find their way into the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, burreaux said:

Goff has always been underrated. He's not flashy, but is a solid QB that took his team to a superbowl just a few seasons ago.

10 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Goff has always been underrated. He's not flashy, but is a solid QB that took his team to a superbowl just a few seasons ago.

I agree. You can make an argument he is a top 5 QB in the NFC.

Goff is interesting because he was an overall #1 pick, but never viewed to be much more than a product of McVay. He has proven to be more than an adequate NFL starter. Similar to how Alex Smith's career unfolded.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t heard what people are saying about the Vikings, but they were lucky as hell to win as many games as they did last season.  

And of course, it’s always a delight to watch the annual Cowboys implosion.