Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren Central 64 George Rogers Clark 60 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16® Championship)

Featured Replies

Congratulations DragonFire and the Warren Central Dragons! Clearly the best team. 

  • Replies 45
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    I could not be more elated! The game took me through so many emotions. When they got up 16 I allowed myself to believe it was going to be an easy ride. I just tip my cap to Morton - he did not want to

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    I sympathize but as Jack pointed out, Warren Central went through the same thing - tough draw and all - last year. I view it as balance. I’ve said it more than once that I favor the double feature on

  • What a run with wins in the King of the Bluegrass and the Sweet 16 and Frankly Region 4 as well! Additionally, what a class this Senior Class has been at Warren Central.  This group were freshmen

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

Congrats to WC, they are a great team with an outstanding coach.  I am not a GRC fan  but the tournament set up was totally unfair to GRC.  They literally got to the locker room at 3:30 today and had to be on the court for the finals at 6:30.  Are you serious?  That is totally wrong!

I agree. I liked the Sunday format. The team who opens the tournament on Thursday, especially the late games, is at a disadvantage to the Wednesday teams. And the top bracket has an extra day of rest and in championship day Saturday the morning team has several more hours to rest. A Sunday championship takes care of those disadvantages. 

29 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

Congrats to WC, they are a great team with an outstanding coach.  I am not a GRC fan  but the tournament set up was totally unfair to GRC.  They literally got to the locker room at 3:30 today and had to be on the court for the finals at 6:30.  Are you serious?  That is totally wrong!

 

DE1BFBEF-AEB1-4A0E-8738-D2F2A9C7B961.png
 

hmmmm

I sympathize but as Jack pointed out, Warren Central went through the same thing - tough draw and all - last year. I view it as balance. I’ve said it more than once that I favor the double feature on Saturday but the KHSAA has messed up the timing. They need to bump the morning games back to 10 am and 25 min following conclusion (not a set time 2.5 hours later) and the finals to 8 pm. That is what is messing things up now. But I’m coming around on moving back to a Sunday final with late Saturday night semis. I just didn’t want that to be this year because doggone it we had to go through it so George Rogers Clark deserved to go through it too. 

  • Author
51 minutes ago, BIG BLACK JACK said:

hmmmm

 

16 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I sympathize but as Jack pointed out, Warren Central went through the same thing - tough draw and all - last year.

While I agree in principle it is not totally the same on Thursday last year Warren played the 11:00am game on Thursday and this year GRC played the 8:30 game on Thursday night as well as Friday and Warren only played the 8:30 game on Friday.

2 hours ago, BIG BLACK JACK said:

YOU DON’T WANNA GO TO WARRRRRR

 

WITH THE DRAGONS!!!!!

The amount of times this has went through my had the last few days is insane LOL. 

How was the attendance?

15 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

How was the attendance?

11,664 tonight

99,565 for the week (largest since 2014)

Sorry about being late to the party. We’re out in Murray for a funeral and associated functions.
 

Congrats to Warren Central!

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

 

While I agree in principle it is not totally the same on Thursday last year Warren played the 11:00am game on Thursday and this year GRC played the 8:30 game on Thursday night as well as Friday and Warren only played the 8:30 game on Friday.

I'll grant you that is more compressed, but that's a marginal difference.  The Friday night run through Saturday night is really where it hits home.

Point is, it's quite a tall task to ask of any team to do that.  A less compressed Saturday timeline is really where they need to address the problem if they are going to keep it all in one day.

Warren Central is the first team to win the King of the Bluegrass and the Sweet 16 since Eastern did it in 1996/97.  They are the only team outside of Louisville to accomplish the feat (Fairdale did it twice as well).  Several out of state teams won the KOB and went on to win their respective state titles.

1 hour ago, Big Things Kentucky said:

Warren Central press conference 

 Unseld is an impressive coach. Really knows the game and how to prepare his team. I realize he is loaded with talent but even a fantastic team like the Dragons won’t win unless they have great coaching leadership, regardless of the amount of talent they have. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.