Montgomery County hires Jason Mays

For anyone curious as to why this hire has the potential to be very controversial, here is a little back story. All in all, people make mistakes, it is what it is. I hope Coach Mays the best at this new home in Montgomery County!

https://10thregion.com/listen-ashlands-jason-mays-recorded-in-recruiting-phone-call-with-boyd-county-parent-and-player/

I still see absolutely no remorse or regret for the things he said in the phone call.  He uses scripture to say he was "persecuted."  He says he "has never played the victim," but says on his Facebook that he was "entrapped" and an "unwilling participant", then continues to explain how he was a victim.  The he talks about CLASS? All he had to say was "I messed up and I will do better."  But he couldn't even do that to get even a little ounce of respect.  It is sad because he is a great coach, but hides behind scripture to try and convince himself and others that he does things the right way.  He cheated.  He got caught.  Own it.  I cannot digest the fact he compared his situation of getting caught red handed and getting a just punishment for it to the Bible.  Some people really will sell their soul just to win.

Proverbs 28:13. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, brooksville said:

I still see absolutely no remorse or regret for the things he said in the phone call.  He uses scripture to say he was "persecuted."  He says he "has never played the victim," but says on his Facebook that he was "entrapped".  All he had to say was "I messed up and I will do better."  But he couldn't even do that to get even a little ounce of respect.  It is sad because he is a great coach, but hides behind scripture to try and convince himself and others that he does things the right way.  He cheated.  He got caught.  Own it.  I cannot digest the fact he compared his situation of getting caught red handed and getting a just punishment for it to the Bible.

Proverbs 28:13. 

I agree. Seems like it will be the same situation in Mt. Sterling. 

• Like 1

We all know what happened with Coach Mays but that is in the past and it is a violation of our Terms of Service to discuss it so you can read the above two threads and the link that AWB posted and that needs to conclude any discussion about the past.

• Like 1