Survivor 44

I think I'm glad that Josh went home last night instead of Yam Yam.

Also, I think its awesome that dude built the puzzle with a 3D printer and practiced a ton to nail it. Way to be super prepared. However, make some new puzzles so someone can't do that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Carolyn is the most interesting player in Survivor history. Her personality, the way she is playing the game and how the other players are interacting with her is all unique and fascinating.

I think you got some recency bias and giving her a whole lot of credit on how interesting she is haha! I think a lot of the rest of the cast....just isn't interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think you got some recency bias and giving her a whole lot of credit on how interesting she is haha! I think a lot of the rest of the cast....just isn't interesting.

It's not just about her. It is about the way other players totally ignore her when she says smart things. It is as if she doesn't even exist. They have written her off as a goofball. It could be production that's making it look that way but it is pretty interesting. It is for me one of the most interesting social dynamics I have seen in all my time watching Survivor. It is the epitome of don't judge a book by it's cover and lessons to be learned for all of us watching this play out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

It's not just about her. It is about the way other players totally ignore her when she says smart things. It is as if she doesn't even exist. They have written her off as a goofball. It could be production that's making it look that way but it is pretty interesting. It is for me one of the most interesting social dynamics I have seen in all my time watching Survivor. It is the epitome of don't judge a book by it's cover and lessons to be learned for all of us watching this play out.

Explaining it out further makes a lot of sense. I was too hung up on her being the most interesting. I rescind lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Explaining it out further makes a lot of sense. I was too hung up on her being the most interesting. I rescind lol

Whenever she pulls out that idol, alarms will go off for the other players. They will realize they have been selling her short the whole season.

But she might not ever have to use it. I can see her being that player others want in the final three with them because she is no threat. I would love to see her show her idol at final tribal, look everyone in the eye and say I played this game so well I never had to use my idol that I got from the bird cage when this whole season started.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think I'm glad that Josh went home last night instead of Yam Yam.

Also, I think its awesome that dude built the puzzle with a 3D printer and practiced a ton to nail it. Way to be super prepared. However, make some new puzzles so someone can't do that!

I'm thinking they will likely do just that, or at least not do exact copies of previous puzzles. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I liked the new twist. While it would have been cool to see it get used in a way that totally screwed up the Tribal Council, keeping both Matt & Jam Jam. Getting Matt out was a good place.

Jam Jam cracks me up.

Matt getting voted out was good for Frannie's chances - as long as she moves on and doesn't make Matt getting voted out a topic going forward.

Matt did her no favors calling her out as he left. That puts a target on Frannie because they all know Frannie already has one vote on the jury - but everyone probably thought that before Matt was voted out.

21 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Matt getting voted out was good for Frannie's chances - as long as she moves on and doesn't make Matt getting voted out a topic going forward.

Matt did her no favors calling her out as he left. That puts a target on Frannie because they all know Frannie already has one vote on the jury - but everyone probably thought that before Matt was voted out.

I'm pretty sure that cat was already out of the bag. It's not going to help her, but I feel like she is going to be tough in challenges, so she may have a target on her back anyway. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Whenever she pulls out that idol, alarms will go off for the other players. They will realize they have been selling her short the whole season.

But she might not ever have to use it. I can see her being that player others want in the final three with them because she is no threat. I would love to see her show her idol at final tribal, look everyone in the eye and say I played this game so well I never had to use my idol that I got from the bird cage when this whole season started.

I hope they never realize how hard she is playing and that she makes the final 3.  I haven’t wanted someone to win this badly since Russell Case.  

• Like 2