Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry 90 Covington Holy Cross 86

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Well spoken.

It is well spoken unless I'm right.  

Edited by theguru

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Watching the game live, and sitting right behind the HC bench, I thought it looked like I was watching the Titanic.  The ship left port all shiny and fresh, sailing toward getting the Win.  But then,

  • Baseball Nut 24
    Baseball Nut 24

    5-Oh - Thought your post was basically spot on. Well done... Instride - You will not be able to change the opinion of certain "backers" in here over a Holy Cross game. You can generally tell base

  • Cov_Cath_Hwy
    Cov_Cath_Hwy

    Not a chance.  I said in the Newport/St. Henry thread after The Cru hung with Newport and nearly ran Great Crossing, that the Cru were a team no one will want any part of.  And tonight they showed tha

Posted Images

Meyer was off tonight, especially from beyond the arc.  HC got their fair share of turnovers, but were sloppy in converting to points in the 2nd half.  Two different halves.  St. Henry was very scrappy in forcing mistakes from HC.  I don't blame the refs for this one as much.  However, I did notice that the Indians had a difficult time keeping their footing (lots of wet spots).  Yes, I know both teams played under the same conditions.  I'm just saying that the floor bothered HC more.  Very good game.  You could really see the momentum shift once the Cru got it under 20 and then 10.

It takes two teams to make something like this happen, but to lose a 26 point halftime lead, the culpability almost has to lie more with that team losing it. You’re nine points away from a running clock and you lose? Can’t let that happen ever. 

3 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Meyer was off tonight, especially from beyond the arc.  HC got their fair share of turnovers, but were sloppy in converting to points in the 2nd half.  Two different halves.  St. Henry was very scrappy in forcing mistakes from HC.  I don't blame the refs for this one as much.  However, I did notice that the Indians had a difficult time keeping their footing (lots of wet spots).  Yes, I know both teams played under the same conditions.  I'm just saying that the floor bothered HC more.  Very good game.  You could really see the momentum shift once the Cru got it under 20 and then 10.

Very well said

52 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Not a chance.  I said in the Newport/St. Henry thread after The Cru hung with Newport and nearly ran Great Crossing, that the Cru were a team no one will want any part of.  And tonight they showed that and then some.

Enough with refs and the greatness of one player because one player a team never makes and that was shown tonight……  “Used against Him” is just plain wrong.  That is a laughable narrative.
 

The Cru with an insane team effort with zero help from refs and where they just wanted it more and out played another team and were better all the way around tonight.  
 

The Cru straight up won this game end of story.  Any other narrative is completely disrespectful to their effort and hard work tonight and their climb they have been on recently in their grit and attitude.  St. Henry is a team no one in this region should want any part of right now.

I mean what a come back at the High School level.  This is the kind of stuff that everyone should celebrate.  Cru nation you should be proud tonight.

Very well written. Seems like most fans of teams struggle to accept a loss these days. 

1 minute ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Very well written. Seems like most fans of teams struggle to accept a loss these days. 

What I am referring to is a body of work, not an isolated game.  You can refer to me as a mad fan.  I am referring to a trend.  PLEASE UNDERSTAND  CONGRATS TO ST HENRY.

All 3 of these could be true:

St Henry played harder and had a great second half.   

Floor was wet in one spot where Meyer fell and two biggest turnovers happened.  

Refs weren’t great. 
 

Fedders was unstoppable in the 2nd Half.

Resing made some huge clutch plays.

One of the most entertaining high school games I have ever been to without question. 

I just have to ask how the refs are to blame for blowing A 26 POINT HALFTIME LEAD?

Maybe it was the style of play that did them in? Slow down a little bit and collect yourself? Sometimes when you play fast and can't make a shot it allows the other team more opportunities to score more.

Kentucky came back from 31 points in the second half to beat LSU in 1994. Did they blame the officiating? Stuff happens, take off the tin foil hat and just believe, truly believe the officials do not care about the names on the jerseys. If they really cared enough to screw Meyers he wouldn't be scoring so many points per game. Also I'd like to add, I don't think Conner or CovCath would have an issue playing St Henry right now. Congrats on a Huuuuuuuggggge comeback for the ages, that's why you never stop playing until the clock hit 0:00.

I would love to have a night where I was off and score 47.

Watching the game live, and sitting right behind the HC bench, I thought it looked like I was watching the Titanic.  The ship left port all shiny and fresh, sailing toward getting the Win.  But then, the 2nd half happened (struck the iceberg).  The Titanic slowly took on water, and ultimately sank.  

We watched as Ward hurt HC as much, or more, than he helped.  Solid offensively and defensively in the first half hitting big shots from the perimeter and helping HC cruise.  Then, in the 2nd half, a few costly turnovers, missing a breakaway layup / dunk by being Indecisive on which to do, and their coach blowing up on him and removing him from the game on at least 2 occasions.  Ward is a steaky player, and when he gets down, he is his own worst enemy.  His inconsistent play was a major factor in the tide of the game.  He made several bad inbounds passes in the 2nd half that hurt HC and he was not nearly the same defensively after facing adversity.  

Gibson getting his 5th PF and fouling out in the 4th was also huge for both the Cru and HC.  Fedders and SH started to pound the ball inside, they drove more to the rim with Resing, and hit some perimeter shots that they weren't taking earlier in the game.  Sitting behind the HC bench, I overheard the refs explaining most of the contested calls that they made to Coach Sorrell and they were right on with every call I saw, IMO.  Gibson gets a lot of fouls called on him because he doesn't use his body well when contesting shots on the interior and moves his arms forward, resulting in fouls being called against him.  The coaching staff continually told him to keep his arms straight up when contesting shots and not move them forward /downward - but he just couldn't do it.   With Gibson's 5th foul, we could just feel the energy and electricity take a huge turn toward the Cru.  Seems like it was between the 6:00 and 4:00 mark in the 4th.

Shea was really solid defensively in the 2nd half.  He plays scrappy on ball defense and caused some issues for HC.  Lemmond's play inside in the 2nd half added to the success for the Cru.  His size and activity was apparent and he played a big role on the interior.  I thought a number of Cru players played their role perfectly.  As stated, Shea's defense on ball, Lemmond inside, Resing defensively in the 4th with deflections and steals in the back court, Ravenscraft's smart play - calm demeanor and late timely perimeter shooting and FT's, Grayson gives 100% and is extremely solid.  Even the Cru's underclassmen off the bench did their job by getting a couple of rebounds, handled the HC pressure in the full court, and made a shot here or there.  Fedders took over in the paint in the 2nd half.    

I watched Coach Faust the entire game.  He was never rattled, never emotional, just steady and calm.  It's no wonder he's become the 9th Region's all-time winningest coach.  Along those lines, I saw something very classy on behalf of both SH & HC.  Before the tip, the SH PA recognized HC for their All-A Tourney run and Meyer was recognized for his accomplishments and being the 9th's all-time leading scorer.  Then, HC and Coach Sorrell presented Coach Faust with a portrait for his accomplishment as the wins leader all-time in the 9th.  Just total class on both fronts.  It was nice to see.

In the end, I thought this was a great high school basketball game with a tournament feel.  I felt the refs were consistent both ways and did a nice job officiating.  The coaching was good and the play on the court was good, it was just better on one side in the 2nd half than the other.  SH did an outstanding job of doing work and getting the job done.  It's going to be a good 9th Region Tourney this year.  

 

 

14 hours ago, Instride said:

 

Some of both and Meyer never gets a call.  His strength and athleticism is used against him when in the 9th region.   

The refs let them play the entire game. It was more like a football game at times. Both teams were not getting calls.

The Holy Cross coach could have been T'd up a half a dozen times and all he received was a warning.

The better team won.

30 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

The refs let them play the entire game. It was more like a football game at times. Both teams were not getting calls.

The Holy Cross coach could have been T'd up a half a dozen times and all he received was a warning.

The better team won.

If the refs let them play, HC's big would not have fouled out.  He is 7 foot and 2 or 3 of his fouls were and 1s.   Think about it - if a  footer fouls you, not easy to get it in on a hard foul but easy on a touch foul.  Now, is this what you meant by let them play the entire game.  Additionally, Sorrel would have been T'd up if they thought he was wrong.  

St Henry won and kudos to them.  HC lost and must do better.

1 hour ago, 5-oh said:

Watching the game live, and sitting right behind the HC bench, I thought it looked like I was watching the Titanic.  The ship left port all shiny and fresh, sailing toward getting the Win.  But then, the 2nd half happened (struck the iceberg).  The Titanic slowly took on water, and ultimately sank.  

We watched as Ward hurt HC as much, or more, than he helped.  Solid offensively and defensively in the first half hitting big shots from the perimeter and helping HC cruise.  Then, in the 2nd half, a few costly turnovers, missing a breakaway layup / dunk by being Indecisive on which to do, and their coach blowing up on him and removing him from the game on at least 2 occasions.  Ward is a steaky player, and when he gets down, he is his own worst enemy.  His inconsistent play was a major factor in the tide of the game.  He made several bad inbounds passes in the 2nd half that hurt HC and he was not nearly the same defensively after facing adversity.  

Gibson getting his 5th PF and fouling out in the 4th was also huge for both the Cru and HC.  Fedders and SH started to pound the ball inside, they drove more to the rim with Resing, and hit some perimeter shots that they weren't taking earlier in the game.  Sitting behind the HC bench, I overheard the refs explaining most of the contested calls that they made to Coach Sorrell and they were right on with every call I saw, IMO.  Gibson gets a lot of fouls called on him because he doesn't use his body well when contesting shots on the interior and moves his arms forward, resulting in fouls being called against him.  The coaching staff continually told him to keep his arms straight up when contesting shots and not move them forward /downward - but he just couldn't do it.   With Gibson's 5th foul, we could just feel the energy and electricity take a huge turn toward the Cru.  Seems like it was between the 6:00 and 4:00 mark in the 4th.

Shea was really solid defensively in the 2nd half.  He plays scrappy on ball defense and caused some issues for HC.  Lemmond's play inside in the 2nd half added to the success for the Cru.  His size and activity was apparent and he played a big role on the interior.  I thought a number of Cru players played their role perfectly.  As stated, Shea's defense on ball, Lemmond inside, Resing defensively in the 4th with deflections and steals in the back court, Ravenscraft's smart play - calm demeanor and late timely perimeter shooting and FT's, Grayson gives 100% and is extremely solid.  Even the Cru's underclassmen off the bench did their job by getting a couple of rebounds, handled the HC pressure in the full court, and made a shot here or there.  Fedders took over in the paint in the 2nd half.    

I watched Coach Faust the entire game.  He was never rattled, never emotional, just steady and calm.  It's no wonder he's become the 9th Region's all-time winningest coach.  Along those lines, I saw something very classy on behalf of both SH & HC.  Before the tip, the SH PA recognized HC for their All-A Tourney run and Meyer was recognized for his accomplishments and being the 9th's all-time leading scorer.  Then, HC and Coach Sorrell presented Coach Faust with a portrait for his accomplishment as the wins leader all-time in the 9th.  Just total class on both fronts.  It was nice to see.

In the end, I thought this was a great high school basketball game with a tournament feel.  I felt the refs were consistent both ways and did a nice job officiating.  The coaching was good and the play on the court was good, it was just better on one side in the 2nd half than the other.  SH did an outstanding job of doing work and getting the job done.  It's going to be a good 9th Region Tourney this year.  

 

 

This right here is it.  I was in the middle behind both benches and HC straight up lost by making mistakes and getting out lolayed.  A football game is a great way to sum up this game and to put an exclamation point on just how well ref’d it was and how much those refs let them play as they should.

3 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

This right here is it.  I was in the middle behind both benches and HC straight up lost by making mistakes and getting out lolayed.  A football game is a great way to sum up this game and to put an exclamation point on just how well ref’d it was and how much those refs let them play as they should.

Again, someone fouled out on touch fouls (a 7ft center), I was there too - missed calls cannot be thought of as letting them play - a foul is a foul and must be called..  If gibson stays in, HC wins.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.