Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 101 Campbell County 85

Featured Replies

Final from Ft. Thomas per the KHSAA Scoreboard. 

  • Author

The Birds can score. Nathan Vinson is incredibly quick to the Rim. No one could stay in front of him tonight. The Birds play so well together. They’re a much better Team this year than they were in 2021. Just my opinion.

This version of the Birds is a “lite” version of their state title team. They have a chance to make some noise in the 9th.

I’m not sure if “live by 3 die by 3” applies to this group. They have so many shooters.  Such a fun group. 

This Highlands team has really been filling it up. It is going to be a very interesting 9th region this season. I don’t see many teams keeping up with that pace. 

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Dang, give the scoreboard guy some ice for his fingers on this one. 

He’s fine.  Scoreboard operator currently has the high score on the pinball game at 915.

This offense is just flat out incredible.  Moeves and Herald hitting bombs and then you have Ryan and Vinson slashing through the box and then you have Benke doing whatever he wants either down low or a mismatch outside.

Now if we can get some RESPECT in the local media.  I spit out my coffee the other day when I saw a poll where Highlands was #5, behind Cooper, Holy Cross and Simon Kenton.

I tend to have more faith in a more respected BGP journalist @B-Ball-fanwho has the Birds in their rightful ranking at #2!!!!

#GOBIRDS

8 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

This offense is just flat out incredible.  Moeves and Herald hitting bombs and then you have Ryan and Vinson slashing through the box and then you have Benke doing whatever he wants either down low or a mismatch outside.

Now if we can get some RESPECT in the local media.  I spit out my coffee the other day when I saw a poll where Highlands was #5, behind Cooper, Holy Cross and Simon Kenton.

I tend to have more faith in a more respected BGP journalist @B-Ball-fanwho has the Birds in their rightful ranking at #2!!!!

#GOBIRDS

Highlands at Holy Cross on January 4th should be an outstanding basketball game and a HUGE crowd for the boys to play in front of. May have to replace the nets after that one.

Wow, Birds are fun to watch, love there style, pull defense out and go 1 on 1 and draw fouls or kick out for 3's,  I give them the #2 vote as on now in the 9th.  Camels just couldn't keep up with that pace, they tried to slow the ball down, but not against the high intensity defense from the birds. Hamilton had a nice game for the camels, foul trouble got him some but camels have got to find a way to get him more involved in offence, kids and tank.  good luck to both teams.  

If you want to beat the Birds you better bring some shooters and defense. Better be able to score more than 100 as well. This team is good and they are only going to get better. Between Mavis, Herald, Vinson, Ryan, Class, Kirst, Benke and others, this team is deep. They are fun to watch.

8 minutes ago, Coach12 said:

Wow, Birds are fun to watch, love there style, pull defense out and go 1 on 1 and draw fouls or kick out for 3's,  I give them the #2 vote as on now in the 9th.  Camels just couldn't keep up with that pace, they tried to slow the ball down, but not against the high intensity defense from the birds. Hamilton had a nice game for the camels, foul trouble got him some but camels have got to find a way to get him more involved in offence, kids and tank.  good luck to both teams.  

Kid can finish at the dish, should a huge option for the camels. Birds are just solid all the way around. 

I got to take this one in last Night. Wow! The Birds can shoot the Rock.....If you don't like fast paced, up and down the Court Basketball then you might want to stay at Home. HHS absolutely runs fast and are Incredibly deadly from Deep. Very entertaining!

As someone mentioned before, this is a mini-version of the 2020 State Champ team and if HHS can get Hot at the right time, then anything can happen. If you haven't seen them play, you're missing out.

I haven't seen the Birds live yet this year but have watched the scores like most people have. They have played well to start the season and probably the 2nd best team (behind Cov Cath) at this point. But I will say I think the high scoring games/output has at least "partly" been a product of who they have played so far. The combined record of the 6 teams played so far is 11-26. Again, not hating on what this team can do and clearly they have shooters but I might pump the brakes on them averaging 90-100 consistently. If they keep up that pace it will be very impressive. I do look forward to seeing them in person when they come to Holy Cross on January 4th. That game could clearly be high scoring. ?

1 hour ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

I haven't seen the Birds live yet this year but have watched the scores like most people have. They have played well to start the season and probably the 2nd best team (behind Cov Cath) at this point. But I will say I think the high scoring games/output has at least "partly" been a product of who they have played so far. The combined record of the 6 teams played so far is 11-26. Again, not hating on what this team can do and clearly they have shooters but I might pump the brakes on them averaging 90-100 consistently. If they keep up that pace it will be very impressive. I do look forward to seeing them in person when they come to Holy Cross on January 4th. That game could clearly be high scoring. ?

Still have to make the shots. 

 

I don't think scoring will be an issue.  Will they keep averaging 90? I don't know.  The bigger issue will be can they get a stop when they need it.  When other teams can score and keep up the pace will they buckle down and get a stop.  If they can do this, I think they challenge CovCath for the region.  

15 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

I think they challenge CovCath for the region.  

Round 1 is at CovCath on January 17th.  Get there early....REAL early.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.