MaxPreps final Kentucky High School Football Rankings (12/4)

theguru

4 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

KSR's are actually way worse to me.  Pikeville and Beechwood beaten by a CovCath team that was nearly run-ruled in the playoffs, such a HUGE difference in these classes, this whole "all class ranking" is nearly impossible.  

It is a novelty and like Deuce said pandering to their base.  

I am glad when anyone takes an interest in Kentucky High School Football but when it is consistently this bad it makes me not take KSR serious on anything. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

It is a novelty and like Deuce said pandering to their base.  

I am glad when anyone takes an interest in Kentucky High School Football but when it is consistently this bad it makes me not take KSR serious on anything. 

I do like how they focus on one game per week - that puts some exposure on kids that might not always be there. However, the rankings have been all over the place (you used the word reactionary, which was good) and it does make it difficult to take seriously.

• Like 2

The team that knocked out Trinity had zero "impressive" wins in the regular season, lost to Boyle by 3 TDs earlier in the year, lost to Scott County, and got wiped off the field by Freddy D. I do not think its inconceivable this year that Trinity should be behind BE/Male/X/Ballard, FD/BG, Boyle/Corbin, CAL, and maybe even Pikeville who was one of the most impressive looking teams physically at Kroger Field.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wingt51 said:

The team that knocked out Trinity had zero "impressive" wins in the regular season, lost to Boyle by 3 TDs earlier in the year, lost to Scott County, and got wiped off the field by Freddy D. I do not think its inconceivable this year that Trinity should be behind BE/Male/X/Ballard, FD/BG, Boyle/Corbin, CAL, and maybe even Pikeville who was one of the most impressive looking teams physically at Kroger Field.

Trinity also beat the state champion of Indiana's largest class and a state champion from Missouri.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Trinity also beat the state champion of Indiana's largest class and a state champion from Missouri.

And they also scored 7 points on the same BS defense that allowed BE to score their most points all year. Trinity was not Trinity this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tones said:

CALPREPS Top 10

1. FD

2. St. X

3. Trinity

4. CAL

5. Bullitt East

6. Boyle Co.

7. Male

8. Bowling Green

9. Corbin

10. Ballard

State Champs outside of top 10: Pikeville (13), Beechwood (16)

I would drop CAL some but that one is pretty good.

13 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Disagree Simon Kenton beat two of the top 25!

They also lost to 4 of them in the rankings. Also out of their 8 wins only 2 of them were against teams with a winning record (Highlands, Woodford) the other 5 (not counting the forfeit) were a combined 16-40. Just saying.🙂

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I know you are not saying otherwise but I didn't criticize MaxPreps top ten.

Yeah I wasn't being critical either, just thought it was interesting that the 2 national polls came out with the exact same top 10.

• Like 1