Scott Satterfield next Cincinnati Coach

Tigerpride94

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Does that make Gino look to land somewhere else soon?  If he isn't going to get offered a head coaching job at UC without head coaching experience?

OC or QB coach at Wisconsin???

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

😂😂😂😂

Good riddance. 

Satterfield wanted more money and an extension and Louisville said no. 

@Deuce I’m totally with you. Bad hire for UC with where their program has gotten to. It doesn’t hurt my feelings at all that he’s gone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

He sent that statement before he even told his players at Louisville he was leaving...

Maybe that says what it does about him wanting to remain in Louisville and equally what it says about the players caring. Regardless, it’s a bad look for him.

Sounding like Louisville DC Bryan Brown, Louisville QB Coach Pete Thomas, and UC ST Coordinator Kerry Coombs will be apart of Satterfield's staff at UC.

Hoping he keeps DL Coach Walt Stewart as well. Having Coombs and Stewart both on staff will go a long way in continuing to recruit Ohio well.

After watching a few videos and interviews, I still have questions but not as many as when the announcement first came out.

I get people are mad about the way he left Louisville but there were also a lot of people mad with the way Fickell left as well, especially after finding out he interviewed for the Wisconsin job during the regular season and didn't tell anyone. 

• Like 1

I think Satterfield at worse will do like he did at Louisville and have around .500 record. He has embraced NIL which has improved his recruiting. Before NIL he didn't recruit that great at Louisville. Most of his losses at Louisville the last few years was because defense was bad. I'm not a fan of Bryan Brown. The defense was bad at beginning of season and Satterfield needed to do something so wouldn't get fired after Boston College loss so he started sitting in on defense and making recommendations and from that point on defense played much better. I think Louisville fan base never really bought into him because he flirted with taking South Carolina job, .500 record, bowl losses, and getting stomped by rival UofK every year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Walter said:

I get people are mad about the way he left Louisville but there were also a lot of people mad with the way Fickell left as well, especially after finding out he interviewed for the Wisconsin job during the regular season and didn't tell anyone.

I don't think many are really mad, it just flies in the face of everything he says he stands for. That's par for the course for most coaches, unfortunately. 

The overwhelming majority of Louisville fans are not at all upset that he's gone. It's quite the opposite. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think Satterfield at worse will do like he did at Louisville and have around .500 record. He has embraced NIL which has improved his recruiting. Before NIL he didn't recruit that great at Louisville. Most of his losses at Louisville the last few years was because defense was bad. I'm not a fan of Bryan Brown. The defense was bad at beginning of season and Satterfield needed to do something so wouldn't get fired after Boston College loss so he started sitting in on defense and making recommendations and from that point on defense played much better. I think Louisville fan base never really bought into him because he flirted with taking South Carolina job, .500 record, bowl losses, and getting stomped by rival UofK every year.

A lot of the issue with Satterfield was the atrocious defense. They were bad about 90% of the time and he refused to get rid of Brown. IMO, that's where a lot of frustration developed with Louisville fans. 

• Like 1