Scott Satterfield next Cincinnati Coach

Tigerpride94

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

😂😂😂😂

Good riddance. 

Satterfield wanted more money and an extension and Louisville said no. 

Considering some of the other available options, UC fans aren't very happy today with this news. 

What areas does he recruit? Do you expect any players from Louisville to follow? Recruits?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walter said:

Considering some of the other available options, UC fans aren't very happy today with this news. 

What areas does he recruit? Do you expect any players from Louisville to follow? Recruits?

I can’t tell you where he recruits, because there doesn’t seem to be any real pattern. 

I would be surprised if any current players follow him. 

Louisville has their best class ever verbally committed. Pierce Clarkson, the QB commit, has been doing most of the recruiting. He and his father have said they are committed to Louisville, but everyone lies.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Walter said:

I think UofL class was more about NIL then playing for Satterfield. Guess we'll see how it shakes out. Big power schools will go after some of the recruits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I can’t tell you where he recruits, because there doesn’t seem to be any real pattern. 

I would be surprised if any current players follow him. 

Louisville has their best class ever verbally committed. Pierce Clarkson, the QB commit, has been doing most of the recruiting. He and his father have said they are committed to Louisville, but everyone lies.

Is he the kid whose dad has ties to Adidas or works for Adidas? Or am I thinking of someone different?

What kind of scheme does he run on both sides of the ball? Also, do you expect any assistants to follow?

I would hope and think he atleast retains Kerry Coombs and DL Coach Walt Stewart from assistants who didn't leave with Fick. Possibly OL Coach Mike Cummings as well but he was a Gino hire so hard telling there. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The bottom line is Satterfield didn't want to be at Louisville. He made that clear when he interviewed with South Carolina after Year 1. 

If I were a UC fan, one of my biggest concerns would that Satterfield didn't necessarily want to be at Cincinnati, he just didn't want to be at Louisville.

This has already been brought up. 

I believe he was also in the mix when UC hired Fick as well and looked at UC as not being "good enough" back then. Things and opinion can change over 6 years, but I'm hoping he isn't a Tuberville type hire. Next year is a transition year regardless, but he will have to put in work to keep this recruiting class and roster together. That starts with keeping Coombs and Stewart. 

• Like 2

This is a really odd and disappointing hire for UC, and it makes you wonder just how many people had to have said "no thanks" to John Cunningham before he got to Satterfield.  I hope for the Cincinnati area that it works out in a big way, but replacing Fickell with Satterfield to walk into the Big 12 with seems like a daunting task.

• Like 4

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.