Mike Archer Resigns

MOUNTAINFOOTBALL

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me either, and that isn't a knock on Coach Brown. I just think UK is in a position to attract a pretty good DC. They are on the upswing coming off the big bowl win over Clemson, they return a ton of young talent, and they have nowhere to go but up as far as defensive performance goes. If the money is decent, they could attract a good DC, IMO.

Me either, and that isn't a knock on Coach Brown. I just think UK is in a position to attract a pretty good DC. They are on the upswing coming off the big bowl win over Clemson, they return a ton of young talent, and they have nowhere to go but up as far as defensive performance goes. If the money is decent, they could attract a good DC, IMO.

I just think you have to go external with the way the defense has been playing the last few seasons.

Steve Brown was the defensive backs coach the past 4 seasons for the Cats. I was hoping they would bring in someone to be the DC that wasn't allready on the staff but hopefully Coach Brown will prove to be a good choice.

Here is a link to his bio at ukathletics.com...

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=39&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=10333

If this is the case...the Cards should be fine...Here's to 400 in 2007

Coach Brown is a quality coach, with NFL playing and coaching experience. Anyone who watched the defense this year, and has a good knowledge about defensive football and schemes, would know that the coaching staff did a very good job this year. The players were in position to make plays- this is evident by the number of forceed turnovers by this defense. Thier youth and inexperience is a big reason why they also gave up big plays to the offense. Oppurtunistic defenses are well coached defenses. Bad statistical defenses that are not oppurtunistic are not well coached- remember, I played for Mike Major(DC for Mumme).

And does noone remember the more than adequate defenses that Mike Archer had his first stint at UK. The team would go through offensive coordinators year after year, but Archers D was a solid SEC defense. And if you ask the Steelers, they'd probably say Archer was a pretty good linebacker coach during thier run to Super Bowl XXX. Gregg Lloyd was a stud.

Directions for marking this down:

Click: #69 above and to the right of W32's post.

Once post page is finished loading, click: Bookmarks, then select Bookmark This Page.

File under 'Bigger, Faster, Stronger;' other saved files should include predictions of a close game or UK victory in 2006.

UK Will put up 400+ on UL next season.

UK wont give up 300 to the cards.

Mark it down.

It's bookmarked.(not that Fletch wouldn't dig it up for us)...iF what you say is true, I will put a UK avatar up for a week...if not, do you agree to put a UL one up?

It's bookmarked.(not that Fletch wouldn't dig it up for us)...iF what you say is true, I will put a UK avatar up for a week...if not, do you agree to put a UL one up?

No, Fletch seems to get amnesia when it comes to embarrassing UK fan predictions.