Mike Archer Resigns

MOUNTAINFOOTBALL

Rush defense- 108th, 19thdifference of 89

Passing defense- 118th, 80th difference of 38

Total defense-118th, 40th difference of 78

Scoring defense- 99th, 17th difference of 82

Sacks-60th, 2nd difference of 58

Tackles for Loss- 88th, 18th difference of 70

I can't imagine why UK would like Cassity to replace Archer...

Makes sense to me.. :confused:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me how many UK fans dont know much about their own team. The UK defense had 10 of 11 startes either Freshmen or Sophmores. Plus they had a ton of injuries the past 2 years. It wasn't the coach or the scheme. It was Jim and Joe who played. They where not ready to be starters and play long periods of times. they should have been back ups.

Archer and the NC State will see a bowl game before the cats make it back to one. Schedule is tougher.

It amazes me how many UK fans dont know much about their own team. The UK defense had 10 of 11 startes either Freshmen or Sophmores. Plus they had a ton of injuries the past 2 years. It wasn't the coach or the scheme. It was Jim and Joe who played. They where not ready to be starters and play long periods of times. they should have been back ups.

Thats a great explanation for why UK wasn't a top 10 defensive team. Heck, thats a great reason for why UK wasn't a top 50 defensive team.

Its NOT a great explanation for why UK was a bottom 10 defensive team.

Better let Oldrambler in on the secret, then...:thumb:

He doesn't have to 02, you just did. I realize that Cassity had good stats/numbers at U.L.. Imo is that U.K. could/should come up with someone beter than both of them. Oldrambler doesn't believe in secrets as you say, I just call em' like I see em' and if you don't like it, change the channel.:D I'll post my opinions and you have a right to disagree as you did here or agree and post why if you choose. You did, I acknowledged that - no problem. I won't go on about the fact that no one is mentioning all the problems that U.L. fans when Petrino's loyalty to the job was questioned. I am through with it. I wish Petrino well in Atlanta and cannot blame him a bit for leaving.

I know UK's defense improved some by the end of the season, but how do you explain to the president of the school that you want to give $500K to a guy that headed that 2nd to last defense in NCAA last season.

Very good question..............I can't explain that one.

Tell us more about this ITG.

Steve Brown was the defensive backs coach the past 4 seasons for the Cats. I was hoping they would bring in someone to be the DC that wasn't allready on the staff but hopefully Coach Brown will prove to be a good choice.

Here is a link to his bio at ukathletics.com...

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=39&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=10333

It would have been a great thing to get Charlie Strong here but Brooks hired from within. Brown has NFL experience just as Brooks and Archer and doesn't mean he will do better in this spot if the players are not healthy and productive.

My question now is, are we the only school in D-1A that has African American Offensive/Defensive Coordinators? Could this be a recruiting tool!