Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson County at Boyle County Updates/Predictions

Who wins? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Anderson County
      0%
      0
    • Boyle County
      100%
      24

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

We will see how Boyle bounces back after a stunning loss. Anderson doesn’t have much of a chance in this one and it’s probably going to have to play victim to Boyle’s frustrations. Look for Boyle to get the clock running quickly. What’s the guess on when the clock gets running? 

Boyle County's JV wins 60-0. Or it could even be Boyle County's Freshman 49-0. Give the varsity some time to get healthy. 

This will get ugly quick. 

If I were Boyle I would use this game like a scrimmage to find any way I could to improve in the 1st quarter and maybe starting in the 2nd quarter I would put my second team defense (or at least a mix of starters and future depth possibilities) in no matter what the score is in the game.  A little silly I know, but you have to get out of this game what you can and that will probably be very little to nothing for Boyle.  I would do something similar against Bourbon County next week and then prepare for and play Freddie D like it is the State Championship.

I guess my question is, how does Boyle get anything out of their next two games?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

If I were Boyle I would use this game like a scrimmage to find any way I could to improve in the 1st quarter and maybe starting in the 2nd quarter I would put my second team defense (or at least a mix of starters and future depth possibilities) in no matter what the score is in the game.  A little silly I know, but you have to get out of this game what you can and that will probably be very little to nothing for Boyle.  I would do something similar against Bourbon County next week and then prepare for and play Freddie D like it is the State Championship.

I guess my question is, how does Boyle get anything out of their next two games?

Only thing I can think of is Boyle will get healthy the next 2 weeks.  Bodner has time to heel a ankle sprain that kept him out in the 4th. quarter last Friday.  Hardwick unless he wants to get the rust shaken off has 2 more weeks to heel a stress fracture.  Other than that Boyle gets ZERO the following 2 weeks.    

How is the lineman that they helped off the field at the end of the Lex Cath game. Good size kid couldn't see his number.

  • Author

When we would play these games during my time at Boyle the coaching staff did a phenomenal job keeping us motivated. Everyone knew we would be up 45+ at the half to get the running clock (showing my age) but we still felt like we had to come out like we were playing a playoff game or the coaches would be on us like none other. It was a chance to perfect technique or work on weaknesses. If we had a bad couple weeks rushing we would run the ball all game or if we struggled through the air it would be the other way around. These games are great opportunities to build depth for the future because often times the losing team won’t pull the starters so you have your JV/Frosh teams going against another teams varsity. Helps them get used to varsity speed. While it may seem like a waste there is opportunity to get better in weeks like this one. 

3 hours ago, WestDanville said:

When we would play these games during my time at Boyle the coaching staff did a phenomenal job keeping us motivated. Everyone knew we would be up 45+ at the half to get the running clock (showing my age) but we still felt like we had to come out like we were playing a playoff game or the coaches would be on us like none other. It was a chance to perfect technique or work on weaknesses. If we had a bad couple weeks rushing we would run the ball all game or if we struggled through the air it would be the other way around. These games are great opportunities to build depth for the future because often times the losing team won’t pull the starters so you have your JV/Frosh teams going against another teams varsity. Helps them get used to varsity speed. While it may seem like a waste there is opportunity to get better in weeks like this one. 

Back in those days, I would call Coach Chuck Smith to get, what I called, the "crisis of the week." He was good at making it sound like their backs were to the wall. For fun, I would call Coach Chris Mason later in the week and he would repeat, almost verbatim, what Coach Smith had said earlier was that week's crisis.  Chuck can get folks locked in and on the edge of their seat pretty quick! Lol 

Good luck to both programs this week. Hope the kids enjoy playing football and everyone comes out healthy!

Not even going to comment on this game.

Has Anderson County ever defeated Boyle County in varsity football?

Boyle leads the all-time series with Anderson 21 - 12 - 1.

  • Author

Boyle 36 Anderson 0 4 minutes left in the first half. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.