Covington Holy Cross at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood?

• Covington Holy Cross
    • Beechwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:30 PM

Covington Holy Cross (1-5) travels to Ft. Mitchell to play Beechwood (5-1) in the opening of district play. Please use poll to vote on who you believe to be the winner of the game Friday night. Use this thread to post pre-game comments and predictions as well as updates during the game. Once the game begins, you can also follow live stats, box score, and play-by-play at the link below:

Holy Cross Indians at Beechwood Tigers Football | 10/7/2022 7:30:00 PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

• Thanks 1

Going to see a lot of other guys getting some time this week. Get everyone some reps so when it’s time to have to rely on somebody else they are ready to go. Beechwood running clock before second half. 

Only wish we could have seen what Hayden could do against Fairdale, Sk, and Cov. Cath. Upcoming schedule is night and day until playoffs. Getting reps against HC  (no offense to HC) doesn't compare to what he will be going up against in playoffs or would have gone against by playing the first 5 games of the season.  Wishing him nothing but the best, just saying. 

I agree the Beechies better not put their eggs in one basket, saw what happened when they did that before.  Should be developing both qb's. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blueboy11 said:

Only wish we could have seen what Hayden could do against Fairdale, Sk, and Cov. Cath. Upcoming schedule is night and day until playoffs. Getting reps against HC  (no offense to HC) doesn't compare to what he will be going up against in playoffs or would have gone against by playing the first 5 games of the season.  Wishing him nothing but the best, just saying. 

I agree the Beechies better not put their eggs in one basket, saw what happened when they did that before.  Should be developing both qb's. 

Both QB's played against Dixie. Hayden needs game reps against anyone to get timing back and in sync with receivers.

Is this a game that should use 8 minute quarters and start on a running clock? I'm being serious, I played in a few games that I was on the wrong end of the non-running clock games. And we knew going in we didn't stand a chance.

15 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Is this a game that should use 8 minute quarters and start on a running clock? I'm being serious, I played in a few games that I was on the wrong end of the non-running clock games. And we knew going in we didn't stand a chance.

No to 8 minute quarters IMO. That is the value of the running clock. The game goes very quickly once the running clock starts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No to 8 minute quarters IMO. That is the value of the running clock. The game goes very quickly once the running clock starts.

I am with VoR, no.

Also, I doubt the rules would allow for a running clock to start the game.  Anyone?