Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood?

    • Covington Holy Cross
      6%
    • Beechwood
      93%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:30 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Covington Holy Cross (1-5) travels to Ft. Mitchell to play Beechwood (5-1) in the opening of district play. Please use poll to vote on who you believe to be the winner of the game Friday night. Use this thread to post pre-game comments and predictions as well as updates during the game. Once the game begins, you can also follow live stats, box score, and play-by-play at the link below:

Holy Cross Indians at Beechwood Tigers Football | 10/7/2022 7:30:00 PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    I just hope everyone on both sides stay healthy and that Beechwood gets sick of scoring before it gets too ugly.  In Dickie V terms, this is a big-time M&M'er.

  • There is no JV game scheduled.  Beechwood had Walton on the JV schedule this week but I've heard that game has been cancelled.  

  • I had forgotten the JV game wasn’t with HC.  Thanks for the clarification. 

This game is a chance for Beechwood to see who else can help them win another 2A title. 

The biggest value for Beechwood is a chance to work on refinement of the offense and more reps for QB Clay Hayden. Last Friday was his first varsity start.

Is oodles a number?   Tigers by that much.

Going to see a lot of other guys getting some time this week. Get everyone some reps so when it’s time to have to rely on somebody else they are ready to go. Beechwood running clock before second half. 

Only wish we could have seen what Hayden could do against Fairdale, Sk, and Cov. Cath. Upcoming schedule is night and day until playoffs. Getting reps against HC  (no offense to HC) doesn't compare to what he will be going up against in playoffs or would have gone against by playing the first 5 games of the season.  Wishing him nothing but the best, just saying. 

I agree the Beechies better not put their eggs in one basket, saw what happened when they did that before.  Should be developing both qb's. 

 

Start the running clock now. 

9 hours ago, Blueboy11 said:

Only wish we could have seen what Hayden could do against Fairdale, Sk, and Cov. Cath. Upcoming schedule is night and day until playoffs. Getting reps against HC  (no offense to HC) doesn't compare to what he will be going up against in playoffs or would have gone against by playing the first 5 games of the season.  Wishing him nothing but the best, just saying. 

I agree the Beechies better not put their eggs in one basket, saw what happened when they did that before.  Should be developing both qb's. 

 

Both QB's played against Dixie. Hayden needs game reps against anyone to get timing back and in sync with receivers.

I just hope everyone on both sides stay healthy and that Beechwood gets sick of scoring before it gets too ugly.  In Dickie V terms, this is a big-time M&M'er.

Is this a game that should use 8 minute quarters and start on a running clock? I'm being serious, I played in a few games that I was on the wrong end of the non-running clock games. And we knew going in we didn't stand a chance.

15 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Is this a game that should use 8 minute quarters and start on a running clock? I'm being serious, I played in a few games that I was on the wrong end of the non-running clock games. And we knew going in we didn't stand a chance.

No to 8 minute quarters IMO. That is the value of the running clock. The game goes very quickly once the running clock starts.

24 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Is this a game that should use 8 minute quarters and start on a running clock? I'm being serious, I played in a few games that I was on the wrong end of the non-running clock games. And we knew going in we didn't stand a chance.

 

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No to 8 minute quarters IMO. That is the value of the running clock. The game goes very quickly once the running clock starts.

I am with VoR, no.

Also, I doubt the rules would allow for a running clock to start the game.  Anyone?

Adding on, I think it cheapens the game for everyone to use shorter quarters or early running clock. Keep it "real" until the running clock.

  • Author

Why even play the game? (sarcasm intentionally intended)

2 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Why even play the game? (sarcasm intentionally intended)

Will Holy Cross play the JV game no matter the outcome (assuming no injuries)?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.