Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood?

    • Covington Holy Cross
      6%
    • Beechwood
      93%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:30 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Just now, theguru said:

Will Holy Cross play the JV game no matter the outcome (assuming no injuries)?

I might come to see that one.  Holy Cross has a lot of potential coming as seen by some of their scores against other middle school and JV teams.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    I just hope everyone on both sides stay healthy and that Beechwood gets sick of scoring before it gets too ugly.  In Dickie V terms, this is a big-time M&M'er.

  • There is no JV game scheduled.  Beechwood had Walton on the JV schedule this week but I've heard that game has been cancelled.  

  • I had forgotten the JV game wasn’t with HC.  Thanks for the clarification. 

5 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Why even play the game? (sarcasm intentionally intended)

 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Will Holy Cross play the JV game no matter the outcome (assuming no injuries)?

 

1 minute ago, nkypete said:

I might come to see that one.  Holy Cross has a lot of potential coming as seen by some of their scores against other middle school and JV teams.

My point is (assuming the JV game gets played) you play this game so that the Holy Cross first team can battle it out against the Beechwood 2nd team when the time comes.  That will do all parties involved some good. 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

 

My point is (assuming the JV game gets played) you play this game so that the Holy Cross first team can battle it out against the Beechwood 2nd team when the time comes.  That will do all parties involved some good. 

A team like HC plays straight up.  In district play, they will try to finish as high up as they can (just like Beechwood, Lloyd and Newport will).

3 minutes ago, nkypete said:

A team like HC plays straight up.  In district play, they will try to finish as high up as they can (just like Beechwood, Lloyd and Newport will).

I am not sure I am following you.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am not sure I am following you.

HC varsity will attempt to play Beechwood varsity straight up and if there is a JV game, do the same.  My other comment refers to HC continuing to play to win each and every game with its best players.  No tanking at any time.

6 minutes ago, nkypete said:

HC varsity will attempt to play Beechwood varsity straight up and if there is a JV game, do the same.  My other comment refers to HC continuing to play to win each and every game with its best players.  No tanking at any time.

I expect HC to do those things too but we both know how this game is going to go.  I am saying the opportunity HC has (since you asked sarcastically why even play the game) is for the HC 1st team to play straight up against the Beechwood 2nd team when the time comes in the varsity game.

  • Author
23 minutes ago, theguru said:

I expect HC to do those things too but we both know how this game is going to go.  I am saying the opportunity HC has (since you asked sarcastically why even play the game) is for the HC 1st team to play straight up against the Beechwood 2nd team when the time comes in the varsity game.

I'd probably be more interested in seeing that sort of match-up from the beginning of a JV game (remember that HC has less than 30 players on its entire roster).  In the varsity game, motivations are different with a large score differential and a running clock.

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

Will Holy Cross play the JV game no matter the outcome (assuming no injuries)?

There is no JV game scheduled.  Beechwood had Walton on the JV schedule this week but I've heard that game has been cancelled.  

16 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I'd probably be more interested in seeing that sort of match-up from the beginning of a JV game (remember that HC has less than 30 players on its entire roster).  In the varsity game, motivations are different with a large score differential and a running clock.

So HC plays their full varsity roster in JV games?  If not, what I am suggesting is not possible in a JV game.

  • Author
9 minutes ago, theguru said:

So HC plays their full varsity roster in JV games?  If not, what I am suggesting is not possible in a JV game.

Not fully.  I know there are JV rules (which I can't remember) based on how much a player is used in the varsity game.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Will Holy Cross play the JV game no matter the outcome (assuming no injuries)?

Sat JV game has already been canceled.  Heard that earlier today. 

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

middle

 

1 hour ago, SPKY17 said:

There is no JV game scheduled.  Beechwood had Walton on the JV schedule this week but I've heard that game has been cancelled.  

 

1 hour ago, SPKY17 said:

There is no JV game scheduled.  Beechwood had Walton on the JV schedule this week but I've heard that game has been cancelled.  

I had forgotten the JV game wasn’t with HC.  Thanks for the clarification. 

12 hours ago, theguru said:

 

I am with VoR, no.

Also, I doubt the rules would allow for a running clock to start the game.  Anyone?

If both coaches agree to it, yes they can. I’m aware of this happening in a 6A playoff game fairly recently I do believe.

Coaches can also agree to have shortened quarters.  
 

Quote from KHSAA on running clock provisions: “in keeping with the rules that allow for mutual agreement between coaches for period shortening, the running clock may be implemented at any time by mutual agreement of the coaches. Coaches choice may not supersede the automatic provisions with a 36-point differential.“

On 10/3/2022 at 2:14 PM, Blueboy11 said:

Only wish we could have seen what Hayden could do against Fairdale, Sk, and Cov. Cath. Upcoming schedule is night and day until playoffs. Getting reps against HC  (no offense to HC) doesn't compare to what he will be going up against in playoffs or would have gone against by playing the first 5 games of the season.  Wishing him nothing but the best, just saying. 

I agree the Beechies better not put their eggs in one basket, saw what happened when they did that before.  Should be developing both qb's. 

 

Conversely, this fan would love to see what Ca$h could do against this stretch. The kid already proved he can do more than just maintain and led them to victories every week but against CCH. And let’s not also forget that Sowder has been lighting JV up since being turned back to due to the Hayden injury. Many options at WB in titletown, with experience. Hope this QB switch mid season pans out, I mean let’s call it what it is. Ya really just need someone to take care of the ball, hand off to Berger, and hit McCormick every so often. Many others are key, I know, but Cash ran that offense very well stepping in for a legend…….

Expecting a very short night for Beechwood’s 1’s. Get your stats in early if your a starter!!

I would like to see our non household names get some touches, find the end zone and get in on the fun! 

Give me the Tigas by however many points Rash allows Hergott to put up ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.