Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County 42 East Jessamine 13

Featured Replies

Came across the game stream on YouTube in its closing moments.

Coach Jaggers earns his first win as Lincoln County head coach.

Lincoln goes to 1-4, East Jessamine falls to 0-5.

It blows my mind that neither Jessamine school can sustain a successful football program. There's too much talent and money in that county for both schools to underperform like this every season.

On 9/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, burreaux said:

It blows my mind that neither Jessamine school can sustain a successful football program. There's too much talent and money in that county for both schools to underperform like this every season.

Money is a factor? ?

10 minutes ago, Chosen1ne said:

Money is a factor? ?

How?

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

How?

That is my question, also.

13 minutes ago, Chosen1ne said:

That is my question, also.

Ok, didn't understand.  Just being honest, I was talking to a central office employee a few years ago about why East Jessamine Head Coaching job had never come open given it's downward slide.  This person told me that EJ likes Coach Bowlin and as long as players weren't getting into trouble and things like that, he would be there as long as he wanted.  That the administration really doesn't care about wins and losses.  I have no idea about West Jessamine.  Whether or not they support with paid assistants, have weights as a PE class, etc.  Just know what I heard about East Jess.  

31 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Ok, didn't understand.  Just being honest, I was talking to a central office employee a few years ago about why East Jessamine Head Coaching job had never come open given it's downward slide.  This person told me that EJ likes Coach Bowlin and as long as players weren't getting into trouble and things like that, he would be there as long as he wanted.  That the administration really doesn't care about wins and losses.  I have no idea about West Jessamine.  Whether or not they support with paid assistants, have weights as a PE class, etc.  Just know what I heard about East Jess.  

Mike Bowlin is a very good football coach. They have had a rough stretch, but will be better down the road. We've all had lean years. It happens. He has not forgotten how to coach. 

4 hours ago, Chosen1ne said:

Money is a factor? ?

Money to pay assistants, build facilities, purchase equipment. Investment in a program requires hard work, the right people, time, and yes money.

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Ok, didn't understand.  Just being honest, I was talking to a central office employee a few years ago about why East Jessamine Head Coaching job had never come open given it's downward slide.  This person told me that EJ likes Coach Bowlin and as long as players weren't getting into trouble and things like that, he would be there as long as he wanted.  That the administration really doesn't care about wins and losses.  I have no idea about West Jessamine.  Whether or not they support with paid assistants, have weights as a PE class, etc.  Just know what I heard about East Jess.  

He's seen at least four different principals; he's the longest tenured employee at that school. I know there's more to it than just wins and losses, but I also would think there would be a few more wins in both of the schools.

For what it's worth, quite often I see kids on small college rosters in Kentucky that played at Lexington Christian and Lexington Catholic and have Nicholasville addresses. Nothing nefarious, but I'm quite confident that not every good football player in Jessamine County plays at East or West.

17 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

For what it's worth, quite often I see kids on small college rosters in Kentucky that played at Lexington Christian and Lexington Catholic and have Nicholasville addresses. Nothing nefarious, but I'm quite confident that not every good football player in Jessamine County plays at East or West.

Many, many good players have been siphoned off to Lexington privates. 

We are heading down this road everyone, please keep this in mind:

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

East Jessamine looked lost Friday.  They have some good looking kids, but were in disarray.  Credit to Lincoln, but some of that falls on the coaching staff for not having them prepared.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.