Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 2A Football Rankings (9/12)

Featured Replies

Class 2A

1. Beechwood at 5A #7 Covington Catholic 

2. Mayfield at 4A Calloway County

3. Lexington Christian Academy at 4A #3 Lexington Catholic

4. Owensboro Catholic at 3A #1 Christian Academy-Louisville 

5. Danville vs. 5A Atherton

6. Metcalfe County vs. Clinton County

7. Somerset vs. 4A #2 Corbin

8. Murray -- OPEN

9. Breathitt County at 4A Letcher County Central

10. Middlesboro vs. 1A Harlan

Look at you Mayfield. ?

We haven’t had much talk about 2A this year as everything has kinda stayed like everyone thought it would. With this past weeks upset of LCA and O Cath’s huge with over Owensboro it has opened the class up for some discussion. How close is Mayfield from being ranked number 1 in the class? How far ahead of Owensboro Catholic is LCA? O Cath to date has the biggest win beating Owensboro in my mind. Interested to see the conversations this week about 2A. 

2 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

We haven’t had much talk about 2A this year as everything has kinda stayed like everyone thought it would. With this past weeks upset of LCA and O Cath’s huge with over Owensboro it has opened the class up for some discussion. How close is Mayfield from being ranked number 1 in the class? How far ahead of Owensboro Catholic is LCA? O Cath to date has the biggest win beating Owensboro in my mind. Interested to see the conversations this week about 2A. 

Speaking in my personal capacity, I think Beechwood is the clear number one and no one is close at this time.  On LCA and OCath, that gets figured out this week.

Butler County is 4-0.  Any consideration for them?

Solid slate of games this week too in 2A.

I think Hancock County is the team in Western Kentucky that has a really good 2A squad this year.  They are 4-0 against teams that they should be playing.  They play a down Tell City (IN) team this week and then host OCath in a game that should determine the district seeding.  While OCath is a favorite by over 3 TDs, but these 2 have had close games in the past.  But I would pick them #10 right now.

2 hours ago, BWTigers said:

We haven’t had much talk about 2A this year as everything has kinda stayed like everyone thought it would. With this past weeks upset of LCA and O Cath’s huge with over Owensboro it has opened the class up for some discussion. How close is Mayfield from being ranked number 1 in the class? How far ahead of Owensboro Catholic is LCA? O Cath to date has the biggest win beating Owensboro in my mind. Interested to see the conversations this week about 2A. 

I think it goes 

1. Beechwood 

 

 

 

 

2. Mayfield

3. LCA 

4. O Cath. 
 

 

 

 

Everyone else. 

1 hour ago, WestDanville said:

I think it goes 

1. Beechwood 

 

 

 

 

2. Mayfield

3. LCA 

4. O Cath. 
 

 

 

 

Everyone else. 

I think so too but as a Beechwood guy I don't want to be overconfident. 

2 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

Butler County is 4-0.  Any consideration for them?

15. Butler County --- OPEN

1 hour ago, theguru said:

15. Butler County --- OPEN

Can I get a 16 for Hancock County?  ?

3 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Can I get a 16 for Hancock County?  ?

You can!

16. Hancock County vs. Tell City (TN)

I honestly think 5 thru about 15 could beat each other on any given night. I know the Dragons dropped out this week, but I believe they are one of the best 10 teams in the class if they can figure out how to stop anyone defensively. I also think Metcalfe is better than Danville and would beat the Ads by about two touchdowns.

2A is a weird class now that LCA hasn't looked unbeatable, giving others hope to maybe reach the title game, but then again, the competition they have played is better than anyone else in 2a, they will be battle tested and ready to play anyone, especially once they get healthy.  

I was asked by a radio show to give my high and college football rankings, weekly beginning this week. I had to do some research, not as statewide knowledgeable as I once was.

I liked Lloyd as my #10 team, two wins over bigger schools and two losses by a total of two points. 
I am a Middlesboro grad but I didn’t like their wins as well as I did Lloyd’s.

 

30 minutes ago, Hat Trick said:

I was asked by a radio show to give my high and college football rankings, weekly beginning this week. I had to do some research, not as statewide knowledgeable as I once was.

I liked Lloyd as my #10 team, two wins over bigger schools and two losses by a total of two points. 
I am a Middlesboro grad but I didn’t like their wins as well as I did Lloyd’s.

 

We have Lloyd at #12.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.