McCracken County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Joe Tracy

Who wins?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

6 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

Paducah Tilghman's expectations are off the chart with pregame hype of how good they are this year. A new field and the game becoming more important to PT than the Mayfield game. I expect a competitive game with a 22-17 score. McCracken wins.

I don't see it as being more important than Mayfield. Similar to Mayfield-Graves game it has a lot of local interest but there is not substitute for a 100yr old rivalry. 

4 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

I don't see it as being more important than Mayfield. Similar to Mayfield-Graves game it has a lot of local interest but there is not substitute for a 100yr old rivalry. 

It is standing room only at Paducah Tilghman and at McCracken County when they play each other, the Mayfield game when at Paducah Tilghman does not draw anywhere near the same size crowd of spectators. I agree that 100 years is a big deal, but it doesn't draw like it once did.

9 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

It is standing room only at Paducah Tilghman and at McCracken County when they play each other, the Mayfield game when at Paducah Tilghman does not draw anywhere near the same size crowd of spectators. I agree that 100 years is a big deal, but it doesn't draw like it once 

Mccracken does have 1200 more students than Mayfield. Larger fan base to buy tickets. Does that mean their games are more meaningful cause they sell more tickets? 

Probably a poor example because typically PT has smaller support section than either of those schools.

Socially Distanced, you are right about school size and all that, my point is that the Tilghman supporters come out for the McCracken game in big numbers both adult fans and students. They do not come out for the Mayfield game as they have in the past. I've been at most Tilghman Mayfield games home and away since 1947. I have been at every Tilghman McCracken game they have played since McCracken County consolidation.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

I have attended every Mayfield-Graves game and almost every Paducah - McCracken game. I also regularly attend the Paducah - Mayfield game. While you are correct there is not a substitute for such a historic rivalry, the energy of the more local games are just on another level.

I think this is due to the fact of open enrollment and how one programs success can hinder the other’s program. 

I'm taking Paducah in this one. I think they are about to go on a run for the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

I'm also taking PT in this one by 2 touchdowns. To the point made on the Mayfield-Tilghman rivalry, PT has not won in SIXTEEN years. None of the kids in the Paducah school system from K-5 to 12th grade know what it is like to beat Mayfield. That will cool any fan base. I like the rivalry, so PT needs to win one against the Cardinals or it will fade as a great rivalry.

• Like 1