McCracken County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I would think they will be hard pressed to have a winning season. Skill positions for the last couple years have not lived up to expectations. Defense usually plays well. New coach, new scheme with some things I like. 

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to McCracken County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Tilghman lost as small a Senior class as they ever will, and even though several of those will be hard to replace, all the Freshman reps the last 2 seasons should begin to show dividends. 

Sophmore Qb Jack James(35 pass td in 2021) and Junior Rb Malachi Rider (1281 rushing yds/14 td in 2021) will lead the way on offense and the Tilghman defense returns 5 of their top 7 tacklers from a season ago. 

Tilghman struggled early last season and ultimately came together at the right time in making their way to Kroger Field. They have to feel with all they have back, it's definitely a possibility once again. 

If I'm picking an area of concern, it would be the wide receiver by committee approach until a couple guys create a little separation. No Cam Marshall or Brian Thomas this go round, both of whom were vital to the run last season. 

Coach Smith wearing a Mustang on his shirt as opposed to the Blue Tornado will add another element to the already heated cross-town rivalry. 

Tilghman leads the series 5-3 after winning the last 3 games played. Can they make it 4 in a row? It seems as if the underdog in this game has faired pretty well. I have to feel McCracken is the underdog in this one, however I expect another close game. The last 2 have been decided by 12 points total. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

New stadium and turf look like they are going to be awesome.  

But I'm sitting on the home side every time.  Laughing!!!

Hopefully they get some more drone photos from above, but this was from yesterday. I believe everyone will like the look of it. 

FB_IMG_1660566016349.jpg

There is a lot to like about QB Jack James and the athletes at his disposal at the receiving spots, but Malachi Rider is the key until they find their rhythm.

Rider is tough as nails to stop in that spread offense. He is basically good for 5 yards any carry you need it.

He may be small in stature, but he is lightning quick and explodes into the hole. McCracken isn't necessarily the Steel Curtain on defense. It should be pretty easy for Tilghman to find success in the air and with Rider toting the rock between tackles they should be able to get almost anything they want all night.

I will take Tilghman in a similar score to last year, 35-28.

• Like 1

Paducah Tilghman's expectations are off the chart with pregame hype of how good they are this year. A new field and the game becoming more important to PT than the Mayfield game. I expect a competitive game with a 22-17 score. McCracken wins.

• Confused 1