What games are you looking forward to most this season?

19 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

I’m biased, but Beechwood at Cov Cath this year will be my favorite game to see. Especially after last year. 

With you in this. Especially after the “argument heard around the world” at the 50 in the hand shake line.

Hergott out, Robinson in. Play ball! 

• Like 1

Defending Indiana state champion Center Grove at Trinity. What a great matchup for Trinity's first home game of the season. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Central Hardin at North Hardin. This game is usually for the district title.

South Warren vs Highlands in the Rafferty's Bowl at WKU. Should be a dandy.

I am looking forward to the first 2 rounds of the playoffs not being in district. 

Belfry vs Pulaski County is a great matchup for the first week of the season.

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield should be a great matchup.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Defending Indiana state champion Center Grove at Trinity. What a great matchup for Trinity's first home game of the season. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Central Hardin at North Hardin. This game is usually for the district title.

South Warren vs Highlands in the Rafferty's Bowl at WKU. Should be a dandy.

I am looking forward to the first 2 rounds of the playoffs not being in district. 

Belfry vs Pulaski County is a great matchup for the first week of the season.

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield should be a great matchup.

Does North keep the upper hand another year? I'm thinking yes. This series will swing back CH's way eventually, but I think NH hangs on at least one more season. 

10 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Does North keep the upper hand another year? I'm thinking yes. This series will swing back CH's way eventually, but I think NH hangs on at least one more season. 

This would be my final district standings:

1. Central Hardin

2. North Hardin

3. Meade County

4. Barren County.

Central returns most of their offense and defensive lines as well as CB/HB Terry Brooks and OL/DL Andrew and TE/DE Adam Hobbs who are both 6"5 and 270 respectively as well as 6'3" QB Zachary Spurrier. Coach Mattingly stated that this team is the biggest, in size, that he has had in his nine years at Central Hardin. In the end, Central Hardin still needs to defeat North Hardin when it matters. North Hardin has lost a lot of offensive and defensive lineman to graduation in the last 2 years and will start a new QB transfer from Fort Knox but has great speed in returning RB Kai Boyd and Boykins. 

• Thanks 1

Elizabethtown at Bardstown, September 9.  While this matchup has actually been a rivalry since the 1950's and we have always played them (except for a schedule hiatus 2012-2014), it has taken on renewed vigor since the teams were returned to the same district in 2019.  These schools start disliking (hate is a strong word) each other in middle school.  Both independent school districts, a short drive away, old histories, not dissimilar demographics, and it carries over into other sports, particularly basketball.  You come to this game whether in driving weather conditions or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Danville at Lincoln County Death Valley Bowl (Aug. 19th).  Lincoln Co. and Coach Jaggers will kick off his tenure vs. Danville the school Jaggers played for.  

That's a good one. It's an exciting time to be a Lincoln County football fan, with Coach Jaggers coming in, the money being invested in the program, and kicking off the season against the Admirals.

44 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Every game Simon Kenton plays super tough schedule. 

Scrimmage CovCath

@Oldham County 

@Highlands

@Corbin

Corbin

Southwestern 

Ryle

@Dixie

Wofford

Beechwood doesn’t make the list of “tough game?” 

• Like 1