Preseason Northern Kentucky Top 10

With the SK/Cov Cath scrimmage should get a feel if SK worthy of #1 spot. I wouldn't have them #1 to start season based on last year. I know you are high on SK and you know more about them then I do. I think SK will be improved but the question is how much.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

These 5 are definitely in my top 5.

SK

CovCath

Highlands

Beechwood 

Ryle

These 5 are in top 6 through 10

Cooper

Dixie

NewCath

Campbell County 

Conner 

I would be interested to know why you believe a SK team that went 2-9 last year is definitely top 5 in NKY. Seems like a lot of expectations to put on a team that has a lot to prove.

Mine would be:

Beechwood

Cov Cath

Ryle

Dixie

Highlands

Conner

Cooper

SK

Campbell Co

New Cath

• Like 2

I'm going to try to be as unbiased as I can on this.

1.  Ryle 

2.  Beechwood

3. Cooper

4.  Cov. Cath.

5.  Highlands

6.  Dixie

7.  Conner

8.  Brossart

9.  Campbell Co

10. New. Cath. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

8.  Brossart

Giving Coach Wiggins' Mustangs some pre-season love.  They lost a lot to graduation, but, just maybe.

15 minutes ago, BubbyKY said:

Giving Coach Wiggins' Mustangs some pre-season love.  They lost a lot to graduation, but, just maybe.

Probably a little over optimistic, but I like the effort at Brossart.

1 hour ago, UKato91 said:

1.  Ryle 

2.  Beechwood

3. Cooper

4.  Cov. Cath.

5.  Highlands

6.  Dixie

7.  Conner

8.  Brossart

9.  Campbell Co

10. New. Cath. 

I’m not sure on the other teams, but I think CCH should be at least a little better than last year. The defense is still going to be very tough and depending on how the skill guys develop, they could be a lot better. If they ended up at 4 I would be surprised, but maybe I am missing something.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I’m not sure on the other teams, but I think CCH should be at least a little better than last year. The defense is still going to be very tough and depending on how the skill guys develop, they could be a lot better. If they ended up at 4 I would be surprised, but maybe I am missing something.

Any idea of who is going to be QB1?

2 hours ago, UKato91 said:

1.  Ryle 

2.  Beechwood

3. Cooper

4.  Cov. Cath.

5.  Highlands

6.  Dixie

7.  Conner

8.  Brossart

9.  Campbell Co

10. New. Cath. 

So all these are better than SK? 

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

No, I don't think you're missing anything.  Hopefully, I'm just sandbagging on my Colonels.  I agree the defense will be very good, but like last year, the QB will be the question.   From what I hear, (And not from an official source) the junior Pitzer, is QB1 right now, but the sophomore Reardon and Senior Roberts are a close second and third.  All three are tough kids, but have little or no varsity experience.  I would like to see how they develop before I rank them higher.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

So all these are better than SK? 

I hate to admit it, but I made a mistake.  I knew was missing someone, but I didn't take the time to look.  I would put SK at #6 and bump the rest down 1 notch.   I understand SK has a lot of seniors coming back and that will make a huge difference, but last year's 2-9 record doesn't project for a great season this year.   But it's early preseason top 10, anything can happen and I could be wrong again.