Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Justin Haddix

Featured Replies

Coach Haddix has been successful everywhere he has been. He continues to take programs to new heights. Boyle Co. is absolutely booming and taking things to a potentially new level than Chuck Smith did. Following Coach Haddix on social media, and the program as a whole, is impressive. They are developing and promoting players that make families want to join the community. 

I was really hoping that the stars would align and the HHS job would have come open before he jumped from Corbin. I think he would blow the doors off the place at HHS but I also understand why he didn't apply for the HHS job when it came open. I cant help but to believe that anyone and everyone has sought him out. 

With that said, does Coach Haddix finish his career at BC? What does it take him to leave BC? Is it local? Is it KY? Is it national? 

I have thoughts on this but more as it relates to the state as a whole.  Haddix does a really good job from afar. I say "afar" because I am not local to Boyle Co. There are a lot more really good coaches in the state of Kentucky than there are really good jobs. A lot of the really good jobs depend on two very important things. Local talent and school support.  The school support is probably mas important than talent. When you line those up with a really good coach you get the results that only a few schools in the state have been able to produce. 

What  will it take for Haddix to leave is a question that can be answered in terms of access to talent and school support.  How many places really have it better than Boyle? If you want to move up in class you can say the privates (X and T) maybe Male but JCPS is probably not the most desirable place to work. If you go the private route you  have to consider he would be leaving the KTRS system. If you go down in class there is few more jobs that look appealing. 

 

  • Author
23 minutes ago, laketime85 said:

I have thoughts on this but more as it relates to the state as a whole.  Haddix does a really good job from afar. I say "afar" because I am not local to Boyle Co. There are a lot more really good coaches in the state of Kentucky than there are really good jobs. A lot of the really good jobs depend on two very important things. Local talent and school support.  The school support is probably mas important than talent. When you line those up with a really good coach you get the results that only a few schools in the state have been able to produce. 

What  will it take for Haddix to leave is a question that can be answered in terms of access to talent and school support.  How many places really have it better than Boyle? If you want to move up in class you can say the privates (X and T) maybe Male but JCPS is probably not the most desirable place to work. If you go the private route you  have to consider he would be leaving the KTRS system. If you go down in class there is few more jobs that look appealing. 

 

Very good points. I do not know Coach Haddix personally, but I always wonder about young coaches who have a lot of success and what their desire to move up is. With Boyle's tradition, talent pool, and the community/school support there is a good chance he can be successful for a very long time. 

What is moving up from a place like Boyle?  The talent, pride, tradition, and community/administration support he and his staff receive are second to none in the state.  They are title contenders every year and the only places I can say would seem like a move up would be one of the big privates after he gets his years in for retirement in the public school system much like Kevin Wallace did leaving BG for St. X.  Or does he have the desire to ever coach at the college level?  Those are the only things that I would consider being a move up for a coach like him at a place like Boyle.  

I know Haddix. He has a it factor that not every coach has. He is just a coach that attracts players and fans. You could say a players coach. A fans coach as well. He treats you like family. He tells you straight up and he has good coaching sense. I’ll be honest. He could go to any program and make improvements. Especially in the atmosphere realm. He brings a electric atmosphere. I can see colleges wanting his abilities. He’s a winner! I can’t predict his future but if he stays at Boyle, I’ll imagine many more championships are going to be added. 

When it comes to public schools any other job in Kentucky is a lateral move within the state at this point.

Boyle is a pretty sweet gig. You have tradition, facilities, talent pool, boosters, a well established feeder program, and no shortage of enthusiastic and passionate help... all while living in a good spot.

Are their other public gigs that can rival this? Sure, you can make some arguments. With that said, unless those programs want to set a new standard to lure him, I think Haddix has basically reached a position most envy with no reason to look elsewhere.

 

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I know Haddix. He has a it factor that not every coach has. He is just a coach that attracts players and fans. You could say a players coach. A fans coach as well. He treats you like family. He tells you straight up and he has good coaching sense. I’ll be honest. He could go to any program and make improvements. Especially in the atmosphere realm. He brings a electric atmosphere. I can see colleges wanting his abilities. He’s a winner! I can’t predict his future but if he stays at Boyle, I’ll imagine many more championships are going to be added. 

Would he want to travel and recruit as he climbed the ladder in college football? I would imagine his situation at Boyle is much more lucrative than DIII or an NAIA assistant. Depending on his school day expectations I would think that job at Boyle would be tough to leave....unless good players disappear.

Not only has Boyle got the boosters, school support, facilities, tradition, and talent pool but Boyle also is a top rated state school for learning.  Add a nice paying job that his wife currently has along with young kids at Woodlawn, I don't see Coach leaving for some time. 

The only thing I could see pulling him away from Titletown would be something like a Offensive Coordinator opening at WKU.    

2cents.jpg.40d05dbff1c0b49ad3179522f8899b71.jpg

I've gotta think luring him away from any program not only will to take a big offer to Coach Haddix in the first place, but unless I'm mistaken, his wife is also a doctor and I can't imagine that the jobs he is willing to look at are very dependent on where she works.

Kids love playing for Haddix! He has fun with them but he also holds them accountable. What other coaches let you play Drake, Garth Brooks, Lil Wayne, and Chris Stapleton during football practice? He promotes every kid that has a desire to play college football, he's at every home basketball game, baseball game and middle school football game. Haddix is just a great guy and coach! 

  • Author
16 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Kids love playing for Haddix! He has fun with them but he also holds them accountable. What other coaches let you play Drake, Garth Brooks, Lil Wayne, and Chris Stapleton during football practice? He promotes every kid that has a desire to play college football, he's at every home basketball game, baseball game and middle school football game. Haddix is just a great guy and coach! 

The promotion of individual players, the football program as whole, and all the other sports at BC is incredibly impressive. He is a great Twitter follow and totally "gets it". I completely understand why players would want to play for him. 

On 4/27/2022 at 3:46 PM, Kenny Powers said:

The promotion of individual players, the football program as whole, and all the other sports at BC is incredibly impressive. He is a great Twitter follow and totally "gets it". I completely understand why players would want to play for him. 

Does Boyle Co allow Student Athletes time for Strength training during School hours? You know almost like a School Class but lifting weights? 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Does Boyle Co allow Student Athletes time for Strength training during School hours? You know almost like a School Class but lifting weights? 

I am not sure. It wouldn't surprise me at all. It is becoming more and more common; as it should IMO. Maybe some of the BC members can let us know. 

15 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Does Boyle Co allow Student Athletes time for Strength training during School hours? You know almost like a School Class but lifting weights? 

6 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am not sure. It wouldn't surprise me at all. It is becoming more and more common; as it should IMO. Maybe some of the BC members can let us know. 

Yes....it's an elective class at Boyle County, and at QUITE a few schools around the state.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Yes....it's an elective class at Boyle County, and at QUITE a few schools around the state.

It is crazy to me that some schools do not offer this as an elective class.  Heck there are some schools who are on the field practicing during the last period of the school day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.