Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean McNeil Entering Transfer Portal

Featured Replies

On 3/30/2022 at 2:05 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Sean McNeil shouldn't even think about UK. They are loaded on the perimeter for next year. Not a fit.

I would agree but I will also add that UK passed on Sean out of HS and again out of Sinclair when they clearly had the chance to nab him so while there was a time when he probably would have walked to Lexington I believe there are much better places for his talents.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mr. Sixer
    Mr. Sixer

    No disrespect to Bellarmine but there's not a chance he lands there.  Already has several high major offers and will land someplace extremely beneficial to his talents as a marksman!

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Sean McNeil shouldn't even think about UK. They are loaded on the perimeter for next year. Not a fit.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

No disrespect to Bellarmine but there's not a chance he lands there.  Already has several high major offers and will land someplace extremely beneficial to his talents as a marksman!

I'm aware of that.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sixer said:

I would agree but I will also add that UK passed on Sean out of HS and again out of Sinclair when they clearly had the chance to nab him so while there was a time when he probably would have walked to Lexington I believe there are much better places for his talents.

What was the problem at WV?  I have to think after Huggins gave him an opportunity he would have showed enough respect and rode it out.

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

What was the problem at WV?  I have to think after Huggins gave him an opportunity he would have showed enough respect and rode it out.

Just my opinion after watching over 20 WV games this year, there was no set offense being ran and certainly nothing specific for Sean's talents.  There was a lot of give the ball to Taz Sherman and everyone else get out of the way. Just thought they could have been more successful if there had been more of a team concept being ran for multiple players especially when they had a 15 game losing streak late season.

3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

What was the problem at WV?  I have to think after Huggins gave him an opportunity he would have showed enough respect and rode it out.

Over 1,000 players in the portal.....and that's just the men! Maybe he's moving not just for basketball but educationally. I believe he is in a graduate program.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

I would agree but I will also add that UK passed on Sean out of HS and again out of Sinclair when they clearly had the chance to nab him so while there was a time when he probably would have walked to Lexington I believe there are much better places for his talents.

 Everyone passed on him out of high school, right? Who else was interested out of Sinclair besides WVU?

 I love the McNeil story. It is awesome what he has been able to accomplish so far in his college career. I hope he gets a good opportunity and a nice NIL deal from the portal this year. However, I don't think it has ever been a fit nor an opportunity for him at UK, including now.

 

36 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 Everyone passed on him out of high school, right? Who else was interested out of Sinclair besides WVU?

 I love the McNeil story. It is awesome what he has been able to accomplish so far in his college career. I hope he gets a good opportunity and a nice NIL deal from the portal this year. However, I don't think it has ever been a fit nor an opportunity for him at UK, including now.

 

In addition to WVU, Sean had offers from Texas Tech, Ole Miss, WKU and Dayton coming out of Sinclair.  I simply brought UK from the standpoint of him loving the school growing up, it's irrelevant at this point.  The young man is creating his own path and writing his own story which is truly remarkable.  And yes, he will have excellent opportunities for him to capitalize in both areas.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sixer said:

In addition to WVU, Sean had offers from Texas Tech, Ole Miss, WKU and Dayton coming out of Sinclair.  I simply brought UK from the standpoint of him loving the school growing up, it's irrelevant at this point.  The young man is creating his own path and writing his own story which is truly remarkable.  And yes, he will have excellent opportunities for him to capitalize in both areas.

It is a shame. It would be great if he could play at UK and fulfill that dream. From purely a playing time opportunity, he will almost surely be better off elsewhere. If he would be happy just being on the roster and getting limited minutes, then I hope he gets that opportunity. 

On 3/30/2022 at 1:43 PM, 4 Quarters said:

UK should reach out to him to replace Allen.  He could team up with Oscar again.

Fredricks kind of fill that role does he not?

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is a shame. It would be great if he could play at UK and fulfill that dream. From purely a playing time opportunity, he will almost surely be better off elsewhere. If he would be happy just being on the roster and getting limited minutes, then I hope he gets that opportunity. 

Sean is not a bench player and his opportunities will be much greater at other, and some will argue, better programs given the current state in Lexington. He’s proven himself and played against some of the best players in the country and more than held his own. He’ll land solidly no doubt. 

3 hours ago, cincyswords said:

Fredricks kind of fill that role does he not?

Just my opinion but I don’t think Oscar returns next year. No reason to not head to the NBA. 

  • Author

From 247sports:

Screenshot_20220402-184539.png

  • Author
On 4/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, Voice of Reason said:

 Everyone passed on him out of high school, right? 

 

I know Miami (OH) really wanted him after he committed to Bellarmine. 

One of their assistants at the time was in pretty regular contact with me asking my thoughts on how solid his commitment was. Sean was aware of the interest but remained loyal to the Bellarmine staff.

He will end up in a really good situation at his next stop and continue to play and compete at a high level. 

  • Author

 

1 minute ago, Walter said:

 

Impressive list of schools.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.