Sean McNeil Entering Transfer Portal

Walter

On 3/30/2022 at 2:05 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Sean McNeil shouldn't even think about UK. They are loaded on the perimeter for next year. Not a fit.

I would agree but I will also add that UK passed on Sean out of HS and again out of Sinclair when they clearly had the chance to nab him so while there was a time when he probably would have walked to Lexington I believe there are much better places for his talents.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

No disrespect to Bellarmine but there's not a chance he lands there.  Already has several high major offers and will land someplace extremely beneficial to his talents as a marksman!

I'm aware of that.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sixer said:

I would agree but I will also add that UK passed on Sean out of HS and again out of Sinclair when they clearly had the chance to nab him so while there was a time when he probably would have walked to Lexington I believe there are much better places for his talents.

What was the problem at WV?  I have to think after Huggins gave him an opportunity he would have showed enough respect and rode it out.

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

What was the problem at WV?  I have to think after Huggins gave him an opportunity he would have showed enough respect and rode it out.

Just my opinion after watching over 20 WV games this year, there was no set offense being ran and certainly nothing specific for Sean's talents.  There was a lot of give the ball to Taz Sherman and everyone else get out of the way. Just thought they could have been more successful if there had been more of a team concept being ran for multiple players especially when they had a 15 game losing streak late season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Over 1,000 players in the portal.....and that's just the men! Maybe he's moving not just for basketball but educationally. I believe he is in a graduate program.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

Everyone passed on him out of high school, right? Who else was interested out of Sinclair besides WVU?

I love the McNeil story. It is awesome what he has been able to accomplish so far in his college career. I hope he gets a good opportunity and a nice NIL deal from the portal this year. However, I don't think it has ever been a fit nor an opportunity for him at UK, including now.

36 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Everyone passed on him out of high school, right? Who else was interested out of Sinclair besides WVU?

I love the McNeil story. It is awesome what he has been able to accomplish so far in his college career. I hope he gets a good opportunity and a nice NIL deal from the portal this year. However, I don't think it has ever been a fit nor an opportunity for him at UK, including now.

In addition to WVU, Sean had offers from Texas Tech, Ole Miss, WKU and Dayton coming out of Sinclair.  I simply brought UK from the standpoint of him loving the school growing up, it's irrelevant at this point.  The young man is creating his own path and writing his own story which is truly remarkable.  And yes, he will have excellent opportunities for him to capitalize in both areas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sixer said:

In addition to WVU, Sean had offers from Texas Tech, Ole Miss, WKU and Dayton coming out of Sinclair.  I simply brought UK from the standpoint of him loving the school growing up, it's irrelevant at this point.  The young man is creating his own path and writing his own story which is truly remarkable.  And yes, he will have excellent opportunities for him to capitalize in both areas.

It is a shame. It would be great if he could play at UK and fulfill that dream. From purely a playing time opportunity, he will almost surely be better off elsewhere. If he would be happy just being on the roster and getting limited minutes, then I hope he gets that opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is a shame. It would be great if he could play at UK and fulfill that dream. From purely a playing time opportunity, he will almost surely be better off elsewhere. If he would be happy just being on the roster and getting limited minutes, then I hope he gets that opportunity. 

Sean is not a bench player and his opportunities will be much greater at other, and some will argue, better programs given the current state in Lexington. He’s proven himself and played against some of the best players in the country and more than held his own. He’ll land solidly no doubt. 

On 4/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Everyone passed on him out of high school, right? 

I know Miami (OH) really wanted him after he committed to Bellarmine. 

One of their assistants at the time was in pretty regular contact with me asking my thoughts on how solid his commitment was. Sean was aware of the interest but remained loyal to the Bellarmine staff.

He will end up in a really good situation at his next stop and continue to play and compete at a high level. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...